question on straps to hold back window up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > question on straps to hold back window up

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 05-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
daphney

question on straps to hold back window up

I lost one of the vinyl lanyards that snap on to the top and have a loop to loop around the back window when you roll it up. Several jeep part retailers have no idea what I'm talking about. I have a 2011 four door wrangler. Does anyone know of the straps I'm talking about, and where I could purchase one???

daphney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 05:06 AM   #2
Faramir66103
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The straps on my TJ soft top are elastic with snaps and over time have gotten stretched out. I just ended up tying a couple 2(ish) foot lengths of 550 cord around the soft top frame with a clove hitch so that each end hangs over the rear window when it's rolled up. I can then easily tie a bow knot around the rolled up window and be good to go. After a while of running that way I tried out some small Nite Ize Figure 9 rope tensioners. They are quite ingenious and simple to use. I've permanently tied two of them into the rear window cords, and they are even faster and easier to use than before. I'm stuck with the hard top for now, or I'd take some pics for you all, but I'm guessing you can use your imagination

Cheers,
Adam
'99 TJ Sport, 4.0 I6, 5 speed manual transmission, Hi Lift w/offroad kit, Viair 450C compressor, Garmin GPS, Skid Row Engine/Transmission, steering box & radiator skid plates, Kilby gas tank plate, AtoZ Fab full length rocker guards, Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift, OME 2.5" HD springs & shocks, JKS trackbars front & rear, BFG AT 33x12.5r15, EBC Yellow pads and Centric rotors
Faramir66103 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.