Question: Design flaw on 2013 jeep wrangler? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Question: Design flaw on 2013 jeep wrangler?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
dwightpond

Question: Design flaw on 2013 jeep wrangler?

I recently purchased a 2013 Jeep 2dr wrangler. I bought it with a soft top. It attaches differently than my 1997 wrangler.

The soft top does not have a plastic edge to snug in around the door. Instead, the top has a firm right angle fabric that wedges in to the door jamb when you close the door.

One of the features of the new Jeep is the half back or sunroof effect of the top. Unfortunately, the top slips out of the door jamb partially and catches in the wind. It is not problematic yet but I suspect over time this will get worse.

Any thoughts?

dwightpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Indy

I'd think "take it back to the dealer". Maybe you're missing a part or its not installed correctly. No JK experience so that's my guesses.

But really I expect most of my off-road convertibles to have 'questionable' sealing mechanisms. My last jeep that had a top also had soft upper doors, seeing daylight between the top and the door was pretty much expected unless I was stopped at a light.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.