Question for the a/c guys... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Question for the a/c guys...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
Punisher8738
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Question for the a/c guys...

I'm about to start an LS swap and I have the Novak a/c kit. I'll be replacing the dryer and the factory compressor with an R4 compressor.

My question is that it requires custom line work and for the system to be fully flushed/filled and oiled.

Will I be ok with running the motor with all the accessories hooked up as long as I don't connect the a/c connector? Ill have about a 40 mile drive to the a/c shop to get the lines ran and the a/c serviced.

Wasn't sure if having the belt spinning the pulley would cause any problems. I'm assuming as long as it's not powered up and the clutch engaging it should be an issue.

Punisher8738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
baldfatdad

If you're not turning the pump, you will be fine. I used an AC pump as a air compressor for years, with no problems.
baldfatdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.