Question about Jeep Hard Top condition/price - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Question about Jeep Hard Top condition/price

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still Available

Unread 12-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
annieb
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Question about Jeep Hard Top condition/price

Hi,

I am a new member, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post. Please direct me to the appropriate place. We have a 2001 jeep wrangler that we love - and has given us 230,000 miles and still going! Her engine is still going strong, but the rest...! We have both a soft-top and a hard-top and now live in a place where the hard top is not needed as much. We would like to sell, but have no idea how much to ask. It fits a 1997-2006 Jeep and is black. In good condition but has a few blemishes:
branch fell and created small cracked dent on top edge, passenger side
rear window hinges are corroding,
white scrape marks on inside edge where front door closes (not visible when doors are closed)
Would any one be able to give us advice on what would be a fair price with these blemishes? Any info appreciated, and again, I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

annieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
GrantYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Honestly, hard top prices are very, very regional. In some parts of the country, people will literally give them away. I live in SW Missouri (15 minutes from OK, 30 from KS or AR) and here, they're like gold. A hard top (without the doors) in the condition that you describe would bring $700 minimum. I'd look around on CraigsList in your area. It won't take long to notice a trend.
“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.” ― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
GrantYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What will you be happy receiving for it? 4-500? Especially in the weather we are having now is very possible. Clean it up a little and a sale will be quick.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
jerryjeeper
Old Jeep Guy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hard tops in decent condition are a fast sell in our area at $500 to $600.
jerryjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
annieb
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you!
annieb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.