Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Possible to completely cut rear XJ fenders?

8K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Tylerzap 
#1 ·
Well, i have been looking for a YJ to mess around in, but i see ALOT more XJ's in my price range. So, i was wandering, if i got a 2 Door XJ for trail only (maybe 4 Door, but would be ALOT harder) Cut the rear fenders out to right about where the stripe on some XJ's is, and make new inner fenders of steel? so you could fit say 35's and no lift.

So basicly, can you cut the rear fenders of an XJ real high and make new inner ones???

#6 ·
Ive seen that, but i ment more like that, but a little higher and not all the way back on a 2 Door so i could take a peice of sheet metal and bend it on the inside, make new inner fenders, and basicly make the wheel well opening alot bigger. :welder:

#8 ·
Ok, take a 2 door XJ, and cut the fender, say 6 in., above the place you would normally cut if only trimming. then, cut out the inner fender well with a sawzall or angle grinder. then make a new inner fender of steel so you could have a very big rear fender well opening to fit big tires with little lift, but not a comp cut. I figure this would work for a off road only cherokee 2 door, but i just wanted to know if anybody else has done it.

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.