Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Poor Rubicon Express Quality

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Mchrisovergis 
#1 ·
I've had my RE LA 5.5" Extreme Duty kit on my TJ for just under 2 years now. I have less than 300 miles and 8~10 off road trips. Last weekend the control arm split for the end link appearing as if it was never penetrated in welding.

Additionally, the lower rear has a massive crack about to do the same thing. Needless to say, I am very disappointed in the quality of this product especially since I chose it over Clayton kit.

I've called RE to discuss with no returned call. Buyer beware!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
RE used to give me good support when they were on their own but now they're just another one of the companies who is owned by Transamerica... 4Wheel Parts, 4WD, Smittybilt, ProComp, etc.. I expect their good support is now history or limited at best by them now having a sales quota to make.

#9 ·
Glad to hear they are taking care of you. I have a Tri Link kit for 10 years now and have abused it alot. No issues from mine, just a few bushing rebuild kits for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.