Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 12-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #121
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_ View Post
could you use rivets instead of the bolts ? looks great on the YJ
I'd imagine rivets would work, but honestly I'm not super familiar with using them on this type of project. There are a couple places where theres multiple layers of steel that would make using the rivet difficult possibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #122
dtn8tr
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I bought mine in August when I replaced my '88 YJ with a '97 TJ( I didn't get any decals with mine either). Didn't like the tribal phoenix or whatever it was that was on the hood and figured that this looked good and was functional. Sprayed mine with DupliColor spray on bedliner...
dsc00443_cropped.jpg  

Most good stories start out "Y'all ain't gonna believe this ****...."
dtn8tr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #123
dtn8tr
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Here is what the hood looked like when I picked the TJ up...
tribal.jpg

Unread 12-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #124
Sinister6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered one today. Is it polished or brushed aluminum? It's going on a Black TJ and I really like the bare aluminum look ie contrast. I thought about a high temp clear coat finish via rattle can. Then I stopped by a powder coat shop and they felt it would eventually oxidize. But I see a lot of post from fellow Jeepers that left theirs bare and they didn't have any issues. Those of you that have left yours bare any issues over time? They mentioned clear coat and ball brashing ( I think that's what they called it?) Anyway, wondering what the consenus is regarding leaving it just bare from the factory??? Thanks your you help!
Unread 12-20-2013, 01:09 AM   #125
dtn8tr
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I was more concerned with the glare off of the aluminum when I was driving...that's why I painted mine.

Unread 10-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #126
Scebs
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry to yet again revive a dead thread but just a question. I had Line-X do my tube fenders and am curious if anyone had their louver Line-X'd? I would probably only get the top done since that way it would still seal to the hood. Any pics or opinions will be helpful. Thank you
Scebs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.