plastic fuel tank - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > plastic fuel tank

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrieStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
jbrackin
2013 JK Wrangler 

plastic fuel tank

just got back from the jeep jamboree in French lick IN, great time! while cleaning the jk, I discovered my fuel tank skid was now malformed and is pushing 2 inches into the fuel tank. obviously I need to upgrade the skid plat. question is my tank now holds 1 gallon less, is there any way to repair the tank or am I buying a new one?

jbrackin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

You could drain the tank and try to press it back out from the inside, but personally that seems like more trouble than its worth. I punched in the dimple on an aftermarket skid plate which did the same to my tank. I just fixed the skid and have been using it. It's possible that the weight of a full tank of gas over time will restore the plastic tank to its original shape. Next time I have the tank down I'll check but not something I worry about.
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

When I replaced my bashed skid the tank returned to its proper shape.
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

mine looks like train wreck so does the cross member. I will move the tank before I put a heaver skid. If not for our Government the tank would not be were it is. the thing hangs down below frame by what 3". saving for a Gen right Jk tank that puts it in the back and then I will Flat belly this JK and gain the 3" under the jeep. Just need the $$$$
Unread 10-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #5
Tdog
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Dented mine and never knew how but couldn't access dent so it holds a little less. Have skid plate now.
Tdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.