pics/info of canadian m101 trailer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > pics/info of canadian m101 trailer

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-07-2005, 09:05 PM   #1
greasemonkey93

pics/info of canadian m101 trailer

If I'm posting this in the wrong place, my apologies. You'd think that after 2yrs. of lurking around here reading posts, that I 'd figure out the proper place for postings

But, anyway, for awhile I've been keeping a watch for this military trailer to buy that would be close enough for me to pickup. They were made in 1992 and had great owner reviews from what I read. So when I came across for sale postings from Todd M. (easternjeepers@hotmail.com), who lives in Ontario, Canada, I thought I would check it out more. He seems to have a whole bunch of these trailers.

End result is that I did buy one from him sight unseen, and he seems to be very trustworthy. I picked it up in upstate New York near the Canadian boarder. He definitely went out of his way to make sure that I was happy with the trailer and got back safely after a 400mile drive.

So if anyone has been looking for one of these military trailers, I think Todd is a reputable resource. I know he just had an ebay listing for one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW
And I heard he's having a groupbuy shipment to NJ this month and possibly also in Lake George, NY in the near future.

Here are pics of mine:

I need to take care of the small spots that are showing surface rust. The undercarriage looks great with no rust at all. Like the saying goes, Just Empty Every Pocket!

greasemonkey93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2005, 04:07 PM   #2
CLynn85

That's a cool looking trailer. One thing though I think I'd rather go with a M416 though, it's built to go behind the old m151 jeeps and is a little smaller. Or maybe an M116. The M101 is a 1 1/2 ton trailer mainly for larger trucks.

Last edited by CLynn85; 06-08-2005 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: whoops
CLynn85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2005, 09:20 PM   #3
mighty4banger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sweet! I've been lookin at military surplus trailers from 1/4 to 1 1/2 ton. Hopefully I'll pick one up later this year.

Sure could have used one on the last camping trip!

Did you keep the pintel hitch or has it been converted to a standard ball?
95 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 4.88's, Aussie Locker D30, 35" Mud Rovers, Herculined tub, TKH rear bumper, Ford 8.8, JB Conv. SYE, Sylvania Silver Stars, T-MAX 9K winch, MORE 1" body lift, Turbo City oil pan skid, Rubicon Express 4" lift...

2012 KK Black all stock.
mighty4banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2005, 10:45 PM   #4
Jermy01
1978 CJ7 

you can see the old hitch in the pictures

1978 CJ7, front and rear locker, 31'' BFG mud Terrain, superior axles. RE 2.5" lift. 304 V8. Warn M8000.
Jermy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2005, 08:42 AM   #5
Tri_X_Troll
1986 MJ Comanche 

mind if we ask how much in US currency?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.