Paintball co2 Can for ARB? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Paintball co2 Can for ARB?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 03-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Paintball co2 Can for ARB?

I was just thinking that the ox has a paintball co2 can kit for their air actuated system so has anyone done it for a ARB? I have been thinking that I need to make my systems redundant in case I have a failure on the trail and a paintball canister would be small enough to carry. A regulator would be necessary along with a gate valve to engage it to get off the trail. I couldn't imagine spending $50 for the electric 3 way valves from ARB but I have seen some generic types that may work the same way

Thoughts?

Unread 03-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

You only have an ARB in the back, right? I wouldn't bother with a backup plan for it, since an unlocked ARB still will let you drive, not like a broken axle shaft or drive shaft or u-joint. Just route the line out of harms way and make sure your air supply system is working properly.
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #3
Indy

I doubt you would need a regulator, just a valve. Turn it on and leave it locked.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
I doubt you would need a regulator, just a valve. Turn it on and leave it locked.
According to ARB, any pressure over 175 psi could damage the locker seals.

And I'm looking for either a redundant system or a cheap alternative to an expensive compressor on a second rig.
Unread 03-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
wvracer821

2000 WJ 

I would think the CO2 would be fine as long as its regulated to the proper pressure. A small tank would probably last a long time if it was only used for the locker because of the massive expansion. I have a CO2 setup for inflating tires i just have been too lazy to get it tested and filled
wvracer821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I've seen it done on a comp buggy years ago. The guy I bought my seats from had it. No details other than yes, its possible and been done. In their case I'm sure it was for simplicity and weight. As long as you don't have any leaks it should work fine and last fair amount of time.

*edit*
Looks like Powertank sells parts for this, but it comes with a Powertank price.
http://www.powertank.com/products/sfID1/27
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #7
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Check out kegerator websites for the parts.

I was going to run my ARB off of my Co2 tank that I fill up tires with, but my locker came with a free mini compressor that already had all the solenoids and switches. Plug and play beats me putting together a crazy Co2 system in my jeep.
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
According to ARB, any pressure over 175 psi could damage the locker seals.

And I'm looking for either a redundant system or a cheap alternative to an expensive compressor on a second rig.
I missed the co2 part was thinking you were using it as an air tank. Which is about as cheap a reduntant system could be. Use home compressor to charge the tank, then just toss it in the back. If needed for the locker just screw it into the line and cruise out. I ran mine with an mv50 compressor, about $50. It was hard plumbed to a 5g tank for perm oba. I carried a 2nd just bouncing around as a just in case and loaner. Never needed it for the just in case part. If i was already running co2 instead of air, guess i could see having a 2nd backup tank.

Its been quite a while since i put my system together, but know,the unbranded air solenoids were around $5 instead of the branded ones.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #9
Overhead
You built a 4cyl?

1995 YJ Wrangler 

powertank makes a specific unit just for locking and unlocking the ARBs. I'm sure you could use there valve and a paintball tank and let it rock.
Overhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.