outerware pre-filter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > outerware pre-filter

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 05-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

outerware pre-filter

Anybody use the outerware pre-filter on their k&n, ariaid or aem air filters? I had one on my trx450r Honda and loved it. Looking to get one for the jeep. $22 not bad. Any input...

TJ_Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
eduardostewart
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i'd be interested in learning more about something for a stock tj airbox/filter. their website sucks in ability for searching what you need.
eduardostewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just called them. They tend to steer clear of panel filters due to the already limited surface area. Go with a cylindrical or cone and they can help. Check out hydrophobic videos on YouTube. Cool stuff.
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
7T7
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've had excellent experience with outerware. Back in '06 I bought a WMS air intake for my Mustang and wanted a pre-filter since the intake sat right behind the grille. Only problem was the intake was a new design to the market, it was shaped like a hammerhead shark, so I called outerware and they agreed to begin making a filter for it. I shipped them my intake which they used for r&d and got an excellent product from them!
7T7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have one:

It keeps a lot of the dirt out but the dust goes right through.

(I replaced it a few years ago with an oiled foam filter, like quads use)
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
TJ_Virgin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have an oiled air filter and plan to add the pre-filter to void water intake. Only splashes....no snorkeling here.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.