JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/)
-   -   Order of build mods (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/order-build-mods-1563334/)

txphilly3205 08-17-2013 12:24 AM

Order of build mods

After almost a year, I believe it's time to start customizing my '11 CoD Wrangler JKU! Here's a list of the order I want to do them, hopefully within the next couple years. If you have any suggestions on why I should do something before another then let me know. I'd love to hear from anyone that's gone through the process.

1. 3.5 inch RK Flex system
2. BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO
3. 18" American Outlaw Bunker black wheels
4. Smittybuilt XRC bumpers
5. Winch - undecided
6. Fender flares - Bushwacker pocket style or Smittybuilt XRC armor (undecided on the look I want to take on at this point)

7. Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers
8. Magnaflow Pro Series exhaust
9. Supercharger
10. Rhino lining on the inside

I also want to add a beefed up driveline and axles. Should I do that right before I do the exhaust and supercharger?

jp360cj 08-17-2013 01:20 AM

What tire size do you plan to run?

What are you going to use the Jeep for? (dd, light trails, hard core crawler, street queen, etc)

What exactly do you mean by adding beefed up axles? Upgrading stock axles or swapping for stronger ones? The reason I ask this is because you will be much happier if you regear before the tires, or ideally at the same time. If you want to upgrade existing ones you could just regear. If you want to swap in axles, you need to do it before wheels and tires. Or at least before wheels. That way you can make sure the wheels fit (bolt pattern, caliper clearance, correct width & bs, hubs fit inside wheels).

txphilly3205 08-17-2013 09:44 AM

The tires are 325/65-18, so essentially 35" x 13"

My Jeep is a dd & I drive down light trails quite often. I do want to be able to do some climbing on occasion, nothing too extreme though.

THAT is the reason I posted this thread lol. I overlooked the simple fact that I'd need to align so many different things with getting stronger axles. I'll probably just go with re-gearing them if I see a need to do so.

Thank you for the insight and advice jp360cj!

txphilly3205 09-03-2013 01:37 PM

UPDATE:

I decided to go ahead and keep the stock wheels that way I can go back and get Dana axles and possibly AEV Pinter beadlocks.
Now the order of build looks like:

OVER THE NEXT MONTH
1. 3.5" RK flex system- ordered & should be getting in soon!! :D
2. Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers to give some offset for #3
3. 35" Falken tires
4. Bushwacker flat fenders - decided the pocket ones just didn't fit the look I wanted & the XRC's just weren't practical for me being more of a mudder than climber right now

OVER THE NEXT 6 MONTHS
5. Warn stubby front bumper
6. Warn winch
7. Warn elite tire carrier

OVER THE NEXT YEAR
8. Magnaflow cat back exhaust
9. Bestop soft top
10. Rebel HALO cargo rack

EVENTUALLY
11. Dana axles
12. Beadlock wheels
13. Supercharger
14. Rhino lining

txphilly3205 09-10-2013 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of my TJ right now, hopefully it'll be going through a change this weekend!

Anticanman 09-10-2013 03:45 PM

I don't understand. Where are the safety modifications? Upgraded cage? Better seat belts?

txphilly3205 09-26-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anticanman (Post 15894269)
I don't understand. Where are the safety modifications? Upgraded cage? Better seat belts?

As of now, my Jeep is a daily driver so I really don't plan on taking it into territories where there would be a high risk of flipping so I'm not as concerned with upgrading the safety features.

After I get a second vehicle then I'll definitely look into upgrading those though!:thumbsup:

txphilly3205 09-26-2013 10:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here she is after the lift kit, tires, and wheel spacers! I have the fenders in and will hopefully have time to install them this weekend. Also, an off-road antenna.

Filthy-Beast 09-26-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txphilly3205 (Post 16334321)
Here she is after the lift kit, tires, and wheel spacers! I have the fenders in and will hopefully have time to install them this weekend. Also, an off-road antenna.

Nice progress.:cheers2:

The time now is 05:44 AM.