onboard air with the chrysler rv2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > onboard air with the chrysler rv2

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 12-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
Biggun113
1985 CJ7 

onboard air with the chrysler rv2

I had an old RV2 ac compressor laying around from a 74 charger I once had and stripped the A/C off of. I am now wondering if there is a real good way to use that pump to make an onboard air compressor. I am struggling to find a way to mount it properly, does anyone have any ideas or have done it before? I have the 4.2L AMC 258 in an 85 Jeep CJ 7.

Biggun113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
jfive
dos heeps

2011 JK Wrangler 

You'd be better off IMO finding the proper compressor for the 4.2 and using it if the one you have doesn't mount up. From there it's easy. Put on intake mister on it and a coalescing filter after the compressor to remove the oil and plumb it. One wire IIRC to switch it on and off.
'88 YJ
jfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
deathtrap
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I dont know about mounting it. but Id bet it would work good. I think the rv2 has a large displacement and would probably fill a tire or a air tank pretty fast. If you do it let us know how it comes out. I got a rv2 off my 69 charger under my work bench.. small world.
deathtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #4
Biggun113
1985 CJ7 

gotta love ma mopar, small world indeed, I have always had a soft spot for a 68 charger myself, just ended up with a 74, that got sold in favor of survival during an 8 month stint out of work, i'm still shooting ideas around my brain over the rv2 mount, if i come up with something ill be sure to post pics and reviews
Unread 04-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
jibe004
1999 TJ Wrangler 

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but was curious if you ever made any headway using the rv2.... curious how these stack up to the york once you remove the intake valve... displacement is supposedly bigger 12.5ci? According to the low-rider guys the pistons are .5" larger than the york...
jibe004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #6
Biggun113
1985 CJ7 

Sorry it's been so long to reply I still havnt had the chance to build a bracket to even attempt this if it ever comes to pass ill post the results on this thread

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.