Off-Road Lights. Are they worth it? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Off-Road Lights. Are they worth it?

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #31
02libbyfirstcar
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesfools
I have a rigid 30" and a pair of duallys. I bought lights after swapping axles, transfer case, gears, lockers, etc. My favorite park in Texas asks for everyone to start heading off the trails at midnight. I normally wheel from about 6am to noon and then 6pm until midnight or 1am. It gets so hot during the summer that night wheeling is the only enjoyable time to go. Once you add one light you'll want to add more, they cast weird shadows and before you know it you have nearly a grand in lights.
I love my rigid lights. I have 2 pairs of dually's mounted on the front of my safari rack. 2 spots and 2 fogs. With those on it's like daytime, yet somehow I feel the need for more haha

02libbyfirstcar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #32
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Lights are one of the things you may not need much but sure are nice to have when you do need them.
Unread 12-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #33
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMD View Post
Lights are one of the things you may not need much but sure are nice to have when you do need them.
You would know, oh vendor of sunlight!
Unread 12-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #34
90wranglerguy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have 4 KC Daylighters on my windshield light bar and just bought 4 KC more hilites for my Smittybilt SRC bumper that comes in next week. The more lights the better in my case. I live in the panhandle of Florida and night wheeling is the main wheeling I do, the lights do cast shadows but they have more pros than cons in my opinion. The lights help with the long dirt roads, pitch black trails, and the crappy stock headlights my YJ has. Ive spent $180 altogether, getting them from CL cut the cost down alot.
Unread 12-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #35
sluff28
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Lights are a personal preference I installed mine because I won a set and I do love the way they look. I always get the comments do you have enough lights on the jeep, and I always respond not yet. You want to buy me another set.
sluff28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #36
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I got a set of KCs for cheap. They are great. I live in a rural area and any extra light is nice to have. If you do any night driving on or off road they are a benefit. On road they are not legal but they still help. I wouldn’t pay full price for a set but f you can get a deal on them I would say get them.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #37
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

These are a great deal for the price. I have two pair.

http://www.kmdgarage.com/quantum-6-led-light-bar/
Unread 12-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #38
richharr
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I keep 2 fog lights up front, regularly i point them outwards towards the shoulders for driving back roads with deer and they come in handy as work lights or as the name implies when its foggy, 2 should be good up front. Im against wheeling at night because id rather be at camp relaxing
richharr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #39
Mboelts
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I have a 2 sets of HID off road lights on my Jeep, along with the fogs and headlights on the Jeep, 1 set mounted up on the windshield mounts pointed out and down, and 1 set up front pointed up and down range. I really only use them when I head up to my cabin in upstate NY. No street lights, plus no traffic plus lots of deer and animals = lots of light for me to see them with. But in reality that is the only time I really use them, of course I have been using them more and more at night around the house to light up the yard when doing work and the sun setting at all of 4 in the afternoon, grrr!

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

KCCO!
Mboelts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #40
lukc22

I am getting a 22" double row led light bar... I found a really good price and they are bright as hell... I am amazed how bright they are... I have a video of the light bar vs. 2 daylighters... its not even close... if yall wanna see the video or check out the light bars, let me know... im glad to help
lukc22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #41
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Well considering most of them are illegal on the road. It'd be a waste to get some if you never wheel with it. But I have two navigators and two kc's which I got those for about $130. I got them just in case I needed them and the fact that they look good. But I do use them. If I'm going mudding or something at night ill always pop them on. I don't always use them, but I doubt there's anyone who goes wheeling every night and uses them. In my opinion they are worth it.
ZCherokee4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #42
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherokee4x4 View Post
Well considering most of them are illegal on the road. It'd be a waste to get some if you never wheel with it. But I have two navigators and two kc's which I got those for about $130. I got them just in case I needed them and the fact that they look good. But I do use them. If I'm going mudding or something at night ill always pop them on. I don't always use them, but I doubt there's anyone who goes wheeling every night and uses them. In my opinion they are worth it.
Which is why I would personally get them. May not need them all the time, but eventually there might come a time when they are handy to have. Hell even for lighting something up in the garage or in the backyard, using it as a makeshift utility light if you stop to help somebody with a flat tire on the side of the road at night.

I've done that a couple of times for a couple people. Really helped them see what they were doing.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #43
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

The wife gave me a set of black diamonds for a gift. On my old cheorkee they really help 'fill in the space'.. Not really great for seeing great distances but I don't need to see that far in front of me anyways.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #44
lukc22

if yall wanna see kc lights vs. an led light bar here is a video... it helped me..
YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
lukc22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2013, 01:28 AM   #45
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

My thoughts on Off Road Lights ............ Totally not worth it !

Tags
lights

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.