NEW Smittybilt xrc8 Winch - Check it Out! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > NEW Smittybilt xrc8 Winch - Check it Out!

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 05-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #61
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liredneck View Post
you kidding ? i would love a sammy! but i also love my jeep. And i dont always buy the ceapest, I just buy what i can afford for what i need . Would i like some full weld in comp cage or fancy bumpers with some laser cut logo? sure i would but i cant afford it, so i get what i need for a price i can live with. Sure i would love a big 4 door dually 4x4 deisel truck but i cant afford nor do i need it for my life so i went a 4 door 1500 4x4 its all i need plus i can still eat while paying for it. Its my same thinking with jeep parts , I dont need crazy stuff for cruising down to the lake and hitting a few trails here and there. I live on a budget so does that mean that i cant play? And im not a snob about what i got either , if thats all you can afford and it breaks on the trail? ill help you get it off and toss it on my trailer to get you home. And thanks for the heads up , i dont think i would need your help anyway as alot of the guys i run with have cheaper winches and i cant remember the last time there has ever been a problem getting help on a trail. so you pick and choose who you help and ill just keep having a good time out their, helpinbg Anyone no matter what they run .

We drive harleys here does that mean that you cant ride with us or were gonna tell you what you got is crap because you got a honda? No its about getting out their and having a good time , not about how much you can afford to spend.

You missed my point, but that's alright. Others will get it. When I bought my Warn in 99, it was because I had seen many issues on the trail with Ramsey and Superwinch. There were no other alternatives, not that I would have considered them, but I can assure it, I didn't buy it because it said Warn on it, I bought it because it didn't say Ramsey or Superwinch.

But, put another way, my Warn has been going strong longer than your winch company has been building cheap knockoffs.

Unread 05-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #62
liredneck
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I probably did , I'm sorry if I came Off as a d!(k but I've been involved with a few clubs and trailridrs where if you don't have the stickers you get looked down on . It's all about getting out there meeting new people and having a good time right ? So if I said something that offended someOne my apologies . And if your warn breaks I'll whip out my smitty and get you out and if that don't work well figure something
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #63
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I probably did , I'm sorry if I came Off as a d!(k but I've been involved with a few clubs and trailridrs where if you don't have the stickers you get looked down on . It's all about getting out there meeting new people and having a good time right ? So if I said something that offended someOne my apologies . And if your warn breaks I'll whip out my smitty and get you out and if that don't work well figure something
If and when my Warn breaks, I'll snag the one off the 04 and if that one breaks, I'll snag the one off of the 01. Given that I have 3 of them all with synthetic line and Safety Thimbles, I suspect that I have a lifetime supply of Warn winches sitting there ready for me to continue to abuse.
Unread 05-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #64
liredneck
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow 3warns 3jeeps 3synthitic lines with safety thimbles more big money name dropping ... Can't we all just get along ? I tried to drop an olive branch I'm sorry if it was already stuck somewhere . I know there are better winches then mine but I just have one jeep with a limited budget a tub full of tools and spare parts in case some one needs help but I can see you all good. I'll drop out of this and get back to haveing fun on the trail
Unread 05-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #65
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Wow 3warns 3jeeps 3synthitic lines with safety thimbles more big money name dropping ... Can't we all just get along ? I tried to drop an olive branch I'm sorry if it was already stuck somewhere . I know there are better winches then mine but I just have one jeep with a limited budget a tub full of tools and spare parts in case some one needs help but I can see you all good. I'll drop out of this and get back to haveing fun on the trail
You're a funny guy. Don't get all butthurt because you ripped all the leaves off your olive branch with your rescue comment. I didn't buy all 3 rigs at the same time and truth be told, I currently own 5, it's just that 2 of them don't have winches.

As far as the Safety Thimble goes, I invented the damn thing, I better be running it and since it's designed to work with synthetic line, what other kind would I have?
Unread 05-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #66
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It boils down to this... if history is a good indicator, and it usually is, the odds are far better a Warn winch is going to do the job without drama or worry. If I owned a Smittybilt, Milemarker, Chicago Electric, etc., I'd always have that nagging thought in my brain in a tough situation that I hope it works today.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

TJ
HOLIDAY THEMED GIVEAWAY!
Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.