New Smittybilt SRC bumpers - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > New Smittybilt SRC bumpers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #76
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Those aren't SRC bumpers. I'm talking about the tube SRC bumpers like the one I have in front and the matching one they make for the rear.

Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #77
Tooch
1994 YJ Wrangler 

ohhh i got ya. Well what about the front bumper. Any cons other than the winch plate?. I mean i honestly dont think i would need a winch or be using one, but if anything, yet again smitty bilt makes a winch hahaha
Tooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #78
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The front's fine. Doesn't seem like the sturdiest thing, but like I said it's never been really tested (i.e. dropped hard into a rock or in a fender-bender or whatever), so I can't say for sure. It may stand up solid, or it may give in like a Frenchman. I'll probably be selling mine at some point so I can build one exactly like I want.

One thing to note is that if you use or plan to use a torsion style sway bar replacement (e.g. Currie Anti-Rock, ORO SwayLOC) you may have problems because it partially covers the front crossmember tube with very little space between the plate and the tube. I guess you could always cut it if you have the tools. See this pic for what I mean:

Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2010, 01:20 AM   #79
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

So what was the end vote on this one? Scrap or not?
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2010, 04:33 AM   #80
Elitejeeper
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I like the tire carrier except mine leans backwards and and looks weird when seen from the side. I had to add washers on the bottom bolts in between the frame and the bumper to rotate it forward a little.
Elitejeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #81
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Because of the Sh*ttybilt powdercoat, I've heard of some people rhino-lining the front src bumper. Is this a better, tougher option that won't wear off after 1-2 years?
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.