New Smittybilt SRC bumpers - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > New Smittybilt SRC bumpers

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 05-05-2005, 08:42 AM   #31
freestyler

I JUST got the new SRC bumper!

i'll post pics in a while, but the bumper kicks ***, its very solid, and the D-ring mounts are huge! I'd say buy one, if your thinking about it.

freestyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2005, 09:37 AM   #32
BRad704
Nothing to see here...

1996 XJ Cherokee 

i saw on one of the truck-mod TV shows last night, that ARB is coming out with rear tire carrier. Looked pretty sweet. The test model was on a 2005 Rubicon, but I cant imagine they'd limit themselves to TJs only.
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2005, 10:42 PM   #33
un4given

Smittybilt bumpers

You can buy these bumpers online at www.max4x4.com . I think they have the best prices. They give military discounts and club discounts if you register your club with them. The bumpers should be available soon to new orders and I will be getting one for my Jeep too as soon as they are available. They also have a pretty cool onboard air package and the best prices on Optima batteries that I have found.
un4given is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2005, 12:23 PM   #34
gtex

I wish I'd have found this thread earlier. I ordered the front from quadratec.com, and it's backorderd until mid july now :-(

I ordered the rear from 4wdhardware.com, and it has shipped. I didn't get the one with the upgrade tire carrier included. Do you think I can add that later? I'm sure I'll be going 33s or 35s soon.

Did anybody post some pics of their bumper installed yet?

greg
gtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2005, 01:50 PM   #35
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You can always cancel your Quadratec order and order from someone who has it in stock. Besides, just about ANYONE will have a less expensive price than Quadatec.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2005, 02:25 PM   #36
tcourdin

AW c'mon Quadratec isnt that bad. They do send me LOTS of great catalogs that get me drooling for new stuff every month! The shipping charges are kinda high though. I did order src bumpers and side armor and paid them normal shipping so that was good.
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2005, 11:33 PM   #37
gtex

every body I checked with had the same price...$330 for the front SRC...some had +10 for a handling fee for a big item...

anyway, the guys at max4x4.com are also backordered as well as everybody else...Apparently, they are on a the slow boat from china (really!).

I'll probably let my order ride at quadratec, and tackle some other issues for now: Lift, tires, tummy tucker :-)

Anybody got a sofa I can sleep on.....if she ever finds out how much these hobbies are costing, I'll be a bachelor again....
Unread 07-17-2005, 08:10 AM   #38
a84jeepCJ7

Review

So, now that these bumpers have been out for a while, let's hear some feed back. Are these bumpers any good and who has the lowest price? I saw 4wd.com had them for 330 and I tried the link to www.max4x4.com but it didn't work. Any/all reviews and info are appreciated.

Ken
84 CJ7
a84jeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2005, 07:59 PM   #39
gtex

Quote:
Originally Posted by a84jeepCJ7
So, now that these bumpers have been out for a while, let's hear some feed back. Are these bumpers any good and who has the lowest price? I saw 4wd.com had them for 330 and I tried the link to www.max4x4.com but it didn't work. Any/all reviews and info are appreciated.

Ken
84 CJ7

i'm still waiting for the front bumper. I've got the rear bumper installed and was happy with the look and quality. Although, it shipped without the fasteners ($12 at Home Depot and I got extras).

you can see the rear bumper here. It hangs a little low, so a lift is definitely in order. But, that was gonna happen anyway. It looks liek it migt help protect the gas tank some.
http://www.thedreyerfamily.com/2005jeep.htm
Unread 07-20-2005, 01:36 PM   #40
8282feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtex
i'm still waiting for the front bumper. I've got the rear bumper installed and was happy with the look and quality. Although, it shipped without the fasteners ($12 at Home Depot and I got extras).

you can see the rear bumper here. It hangs a little low, so a lift is definitely in order. But, that was gonna happen anyway. It looks liek it migt help protect the gas tank some.
http://www.thedreyerfamily.com/2005jeep.htm

Can you tell me how much lower the SRC rear bumper hangs than did the factory bumper? I looked at your picture, but couldn't really tell. Thanks.
8282feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2005, 06:41 PM   #41
BigMo

I ordered the front SRC bumper and the rear SRC bumper/tire carrier from JC Whitney in June for $819.00 total (they were running a free shipping deal). That was the best price I found on the net once shipping was factored in. They were suposed to ship in June no dice, supposed to ship 7/7/05 again no go and last week they told me the new ship date is 7/31/05. I guess if a huge outfit like JC Whitney can't get 'em they are hard to come by.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2005, 11:09 PM   #42
a84jeepCJ7

I just ordered mine Monday from 4wd.com. They are back ordered until Friday (the 22nd). They are supposed to get a big shipment in and Woody (the only guy I deal with) said when they are expecting a shipment they usually get it since they order so much. The price was 330 plus 30 shipping. Actually, I just checked their website and it shows it is ready to ship. So, they just got a shipment in...make a run for them boys.

Ken
84 CJ7
a84jeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2005, 06:10 PM   #43
gtex

Well, my front SRC bumper is finally on the way from Quadratec. ETA to my house is Wed the 3rd :-) I'll probably get it installed that day and have some pictures that night.
grge
Unread 11-28-2006, 06:32 PM   #44
IMYY4U
2008 JK Wrangler 

SRC Smittybilt

Hey, I'm new to JeepForum, and this is my first post. Anyways, I have the rear Smittybilt SRC bumper and Tire Carrier on my TJ. Best buy! The negatives about it is the tire carrier tends to rattle, but you get use to that and many aftermarket bumpers will do that. The only other negative is sometimes the third light bar comes loose after offroading. But that can be avoided if you have you have your boys in the shop install a couple Lock Washers around the bolt to reduce vibration. However let me tell you a quick story about just how glad I am to have this all steel, power coated, rock crusher bumper. I got rear ended by some Chevy pick-up when I was at a red light. The guy plowed into me, destroyed the front of his car (going to the local dump now) and only a scratch that you can barely notice happened to my rear bumper along with no other damages to the Jeep. The all steel rear bumper attached to your frame with a huge tire on the back will protect you always and really does the job. Not to mention, the way it slopes down in the back protects your gas tank when making rocky decents on the trail.

I give this aftermarket part a 9 out of 10. Would've been 10 out of 10 if it weren't for the third light bar constantly coming loose.
IMYY4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2006, 11:42 AM   #45
NewLJ

I have both the front and rear bumpers. I love them. The only issue I had with the Tire Carrier is a little rattling, but nothing that can't be fixed with an additional bump stop or two. I got both (Brand new) on ebay $460 delivered!!!!

I can send close up pics if you guys would like...
NewLJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.