New Smittybilt SRC bumpers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > New Smittybilt SRC bumpers

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-23-2005, 08:12 PM   #16
BigTimber
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Blue. Thats what 4WDH told me on the phone but she didn't sound so sure.
Todd, I went ahead and ordered the "side armor" with the front and rear bumper and I also paid 29.99 shipping. Not to bad though!

'01 TJ, 4.0 , Airaid Cold Air intake, Airaid TBS, Optima Blue Top, 32RH Auto Trans w/Deep Pan, D30 ARB 4.88 / D44 ARB 4.88, 4.5" Rubicon Super Flex lift w/SYE, OME shocks, JKS Quicker Disconnects, 35" BF Goodrich M/T km2's, Black steel wheels, Viair 400P, Soft Top w/tinted windows, Viper Alarm, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer w/CD, Amp and 12" Sub, Kickers, Cobra 29 WX-NW-ST C.B., Fire Extinguisher, Hi-Lift jack, Warn 9.5ti winch, LoD front & rear bumper w/tire carrier, LoD rockers, Hella lights.
BigTimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2005, 08:24 PM   #17
T0DD
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimber
Thanks Blue. Thats what 4WDH told me on the phone but she didn't sound so sure.
Todd, I went ahead and ordered the "side armor" with the front and rear bumper and I also paid 29.99 shipping. Not to bad though!
Did you also have the "misc charge shipping" charges? Shipping prices are decent but I think it's interesting how the misc charges appear.

I thought about getting the side armor but I have the side step on my Jeep so I figured I'd just stick with that. Although maybe into the summer I'll order the side armor.

The only reason I ordered new bumpers is because I don't have have a bumper mounted tire carrier and I'm very concerned about the wear and tear on my rear gate from my current spare tire.

Here's my current set up. And yes, I will be selling my current bumpers to anyone local.

4" skyjacker susp. lift, 1 1/4 " daystar greaseable shackle lift, 1" Body Lift, A.A. SYE, K&N Air Intake, PowerAid TBS, Chrome master cylinder cover ;-), Wild Turkey Air Horns, KC 6" slimlights ( 6 of them), Warn 8000 lbs winch, 35" BF Goodrich MT's, 15 X8 Rockcrawlers, Pioneer Headunit, 8 Pioneer speakers - dash, overheads, floor and 6X9's, 2 - 10 inch Pioneer Subs powered by 2 JBL amps.
T0DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2005, 12:33 AM   #18
T0DD
1993 YJ Wrangler 

SRC bumpers are backordered into April now. They were supposed to be back ordered until 3-25-05.

Now my front is back ordered until early April and my rear bumper is back ordered until 4-22-05.

This sucks.
4" skyjacker susp. lift, 1 1/4 " daystar greaseable shackle lift, 1" Body Lift, A.A. SYE, K&N Air Intake, PowerAid TBS, Chrome master cylinder cover ;-), Wild Turkey Air Horns, KC 6" slimlights ( 6 of them), Warn 8000 lbs winch, 35" BF Goodrich MT's, 15 X8 Rockcrawlers, Pioneer Headunit, 8 Pioneer speakers - dash, overheads, floor and 6X9's, 2 - 10 inch Pioneer Subs powered by 2 JBL amps.
Unread 04-07-2005, 09:38 PM   #19
tcourdin

Src Backorder

I was doing a search for SRC bumpers since mine have been backordered for 2 MONTHS! I see you guys ar having the same problem. I ordered mine from Quadratec and went ahead and took my winch and old bumpers off expecting them to be here soon, only to find out later they were backordered till the first of March, then last of March, then first of April, NOW last of April! Has anybody even seen one yet? They look like sweet bumpers, if we ever get them!
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2005, 09:41 PM   #20
tcourdin

Rocket

Hey Todd, what kind of rocket are you riding in the pic? I just picked up a Repsol Honda 1000RR.
Unread 04-07-2005, 09:42 PM   #21
T0DD
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm gonna stick with the philosophy that good things come to those who wait. But that would suck to take your bumpers and winch off to find out you gotta wait a couple months.

Unread 04-07-2005, 09:46 PM   #22
T0DD
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin
Hey Todd, what kind of rocket are you riding in the pic? I just picked up a Repsol Honda 1000RR.

That my friend is my precious little 2002 Yamaha R1. I've modded mine a little bit, but it's still a R1 at heart. I got her pushing 152.8 HP, so she definitely gets up and goes.

Unread 04-07-2005, 10:19 PM   #23
JungleLarry

I'm picking up some steel this summer. I've got access to a bender and a welder, so I'm good to go. Building it will be a lot better than paying $800 for two bumpers. Plus, I can modify the bumpers to my specific needs. I'll probably be making some nerf bars while I'm at it.

I don't know...I just have trouble dishing out that much cash for a bumper when I could make one myself for so much less...
Unread 04-18-2005, 10:31 PM   #24
speedfreak

just an update

A guy at Quadratec told me today that the bumpers should start " trickling in" starting the first week of may. BUT there are over 70 on back order right now and that I should wait till maybe the end of May before I order mine so that they can get cought up on the backorders. Then he said to call the 2nd week of May to see if they have started showing up or not.

I can't believe that they are taking so long
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #25
T0DD
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak
A guy at Quadratec told me today that the bumpers should start " trickling in" starting the first week of may. BUT there are over 70 on back order right now and that I should wait till maybe the end of May before I order mine so that they can get cought up on the backorders. Then he said to call the 2nd week of May to see if they have started showing up or not.

I can't believe that they are taking so long
I called and cancelled my order for bumpers. The Rear on 4wd.com was pushed back into June so I figured I'd just order them this winter when they are available.

Oh well, what a bummer. I wish they wouldn't advertise things that aren't even available.

It's OK though, I just saved $800 today, so I feel l little better.
Unread 04-22-2005, 06:59 PM   #26
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Blue Jeep
the TJ bumper comes with the D ring mounts too.
The photos don't seem to agree with that but then I saw one last week in the Smittibilt booth at a show that had them. So I'm hoping the photos are just of an early version since I have one of the new SRC bumpers on its way direct from Smittybilt... at least when they get them back in stock that is.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2005, 08:58 PM   #27
T0DD
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
The photos don't seem to agree with that but then I saw one last week in the Smittibilt booth at a show that had them. So I'm hoping the photos are just of an early version since I have one of the new SRC bumpers on its way direct from Smittybilt... at least when they get them back in stock that is.
My understanding was the photos were taken right after they created the bumpers. It would be like version 1.0. They added the D rings on and consider it to be 1.0a. Which is the most up to date version. They will all have the D ring holes.

When they get around to creating enough of them. I'm just tired of waiting ( like I said previously) so I cancelled my order. I plan on doing some Jeeping this summer and need to get a bumper that mounts my spare so I don't demolish my tail gate.

Unread 04-26-2005, 11:21 AM   #28
tcourdin

June!

That blows they pushed them back again! I talked to Smittybilt last week and they assured me they were shipping the side armor in 2 weeks, the front and rear bumpers within the first 2 weeks of May to Quadratec. They had better be good after this much waiting!! If they ever show up I'll let you guys know!
Unread 04-28-2005, 08:47 PM   #29
tcourdin

bumpers

Quadratec just sent me confirmation that they shipped the front bumper and side armor to me today!! Hope it is right. If I get them soon I will post some pics!
Unread 05-04-2005, 11:42 AM   #30
tcourdin

Bumper

Hey I got my front SRC bumper for my YJ and my side armor!! The bumper went on perfect! The top bolt and bottom bolt on your frame are the only ones used, pretty much just like stock. I thought the ad said it had a built in winch plate? Well it doesnt. Had to use my same winch setup. It looks pretty sweet. Real sturdy. I Think I should have ordered the rocker guards instead of the side armor, they sit even with the frame and are really beefy, kinda makes the jeep look smaller? I will try to post some pics soon!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.