New Gears - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > New Gears

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-14-2001, 02:28 PM   #1
damonejeep

New Gears

I am running 31" tires and 3.5 lift and want to go up in tire size eventually. I know that I will need to change grears. I am leaning towards 4:56's or 4:88's. My quesitons is, besides the new gears, what else will I need for the install? New bearings, install kits, etc.... I am in the dark about gears.

Thank in advance for any help.

94 4.0L YJ, 31x10.5 ProComp MT's, 3.5" BDS, lockers and 4:56 gears to come!
damonejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2001, 09:26 PM   #2
RockJeep
SirRocks'A'Lot

You'll need a new carrier and if you ever want to get lockers then now would be the time to get them. If you've never done this before then I hope your having someone install them for you.
good luck
bob
Unread 06-15-2001, 11:23 AM   #3
damonejeep

Thanks RockJeep. I am definetely having a shop do this. I have done everyting else myself, but not this. Loking in mags and on websites, they sell ring and pinions, gears, carriers, and other stuff. I just want to make sure I purchase what I need before handing it over to the shop. Here in Northern Virginia, like everything else, they are expensive.
ANd I agree, I am going to get atleast one locker in there at the time of the install.
94 4.0L YJ, 31x10.5 ProComp MT's, 3.5" BDS, lockers and 4:56 gears to come!
damonejeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.