New Corbeau Seat... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > New Corbeau Seat...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 01-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
b0bbymc
2006 LJ Wrangler 

New Corbeau Baja XRS seat!

I won the Corbeau Best RS seat design contest a few months back. Here is the picture that Corbeau emailed me today... They changed my original design a little. Im not sure if i like it but you guys let me know what yall think. I will be getting a pair of these seats for free, along with the matching brackets to mount them in my jeep. Also i think i will be getting new 4 point harnesses and possibly show my jeep in a major magazine with the new seats installed...

baja-xrs-1-2-.jpg  
b0bbymc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I like it. I am going to be due for new seats soon. The 97 seats are getting pretty bad. I think if you are going to spring for new seats might as well get something nice like this seat.

good job!

jw
jdub36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Those seats are pretty damn nice. I like them way better than the Moabs.
Unread 01-28-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
karlo

Congrats. It looks trendy and very comfortable. Like it!
karlo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
leolufse
2006 TJ Wrangler 

To the OP, do you have a pic installed? I've got an 06 as well with a tuffy center console, based on the measurements, it looks like it will be a tight fit between the roll bar padding and the console lid.
leolufse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #6
b0bbymc
2006 LJ Wrangler 

here you go...
dsc00521.jpg  
b0bbymc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #7
wolfcreek
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Amazing that you won this contest! I really like those seats and the only thing keeping me from ordering is that I'm afraid they will be too wide. I have a tuffy console and stock roll bar padding too.
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #8
leolufse
2006 TJ Wrangler 

See my post here : http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/wi...s-fit-1286927/

The roll bar padding and the tuffy consol are not really the issue. The location of the recline lever is just a bit wide and will hit the lower seat belt retractor which limits seat travel on the bottom rails. The tilt function is not really impacted by this. I'm 5' 9" and the seat is perfect. If I were any taller than that, I'd recommend against these seats, at least if you have an 03-06.
Unread 12-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
wolfcreek
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leolufse View Post

The roll bar padding and the tuffy consol are not really the issue. The location of the recline lever is just a bit wide and will hit the lower seat belt retractor which limits seat travel on the bottom rails. The tilt function is not really impacted by this. I'm 5' 9" and the seat is perfect. If I were any taller than that, I'd recommend against these seats, at least if you have an 03-06.
Thanks, I did see your other post (I have a post there too). I'm 6'0" and long in the legs so I tend to be back pretty far - hence my concern. I have an 04.

I had sent a question to corbeau and got this response:

"The Baja XRS seats will fit in your Jeep, but as you will find with most aftermarket seats the factory roll bar will not allow the seats to recline past it. We have the measurements of our seats on our website for you to compare them with your stock seats. "

I wish these came in a narrower version...
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2011, 10:18 PM   #10
leolufse
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I had the corbeau moabs before I got these and they will work no problem with your roll bar padding and tuffy. I found the moabs to be a bit stiff, especially compared to the xrs suspension seats.
I'd recommend the all vinyl version of the moabs because the cloth in the cloth/vinyl seats is a bit "loose" and I didnt like the way it stretched out when I sat in the seats.

Unread 12-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #11
I6CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Looks like a tight fit in that TJ...
And I have a CJ7 with stock rollbar and padding with a 10" wide tuffy... I dont think they'd ever fit which sucks because I really like these seats and I want something comfy with suspension.
I6CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2011, 12:26 AM   #12
ktw23
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Im hoping to get some new seats soon just can't decide on what to buy. Every time I hit a bump the seat spring bounces back hard on my a**. Not to comfortable
Just Empty Every Pocket
ktw23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #13
I6CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Anyone have these in there CJ? Fitment issues?
I6CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2012, 02:48 AM   #14
AnimalMother34
1986 CJ7 

CJ7 Fitment

XRC seats are about 3-4 inches taller than the stock ones. The recline function is practically useless because the rollbar is in the way. If you arn't skinny i wouldnt recommend this seat. The side part that keeps you in place is very narrow. I'm not fat, but i do have wide shoulders and the seat can get really uncomfortable
AnimalMother34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #15
Wildtaco
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leolufse View Post

I have installed these seats in my 98 TJ with a few minor modifications, I have them so I can slide all the way back and have full recline. I think the fit and look great.
Wildtaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.