Need help on possibilities - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Need help on possibilities

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
OCJeep

Need help on possibilities

It's been a while since I have been on the board, seems that life is always getting in the way.
I have a couple of issues and decisions to make and I do not have a lot of time to research (sorry) so hopefully some answers can give me the direction I need.
In the past 6 months we've become a 3 Jeep family. I've still got my 89 YJ that is in need of some serious work and two of the Triplets (Stepdaughters) have acquired grand Cherokee's recently. One is a 94 Laredo, the other a 2003 Grand Cherokee. The 94 was given for free, the 2003 cost $500. Both are what I consider good deals even though they both need some work.

First, the 2003, We needed to repair the exhaust and the brakes and it is now running good. I've repaired the driver seat temporarily but the frame needs to be replaced (electric seat) and my search has been fruitless so far. But we'll get there.

The 94 is what really needs work, it's got some serious rust, the hatch is rotting away on the bottom, the hood on the front and rockers.
One thing that will help me make a decision is whether the drive train in the 94 is easily swapable into the 89 YJ. The YJ's 2.5 needs to go and if the 6 in the GC will go in I can see a suspension lift, tires and some nice body armor.

So, any suggestions?

OCJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
Tamatacan
2013 JK Wrangler 

Dont see why it wouldnt with a bit of work. The YJ will accept a 4.0 so if it runs good you have a cheap donor motor and axles and rear springs, And if it has A/C then you have a great OBA already bolted on.
Tamatacan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.