Muffler Comparison Video - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Muffler Comparison Video

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #1
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Muffler Comparison Video

In this video, Chief Marketing Officer Nate Shelton explains the different mufflers offered from Flowmaster and the technology behind them!

Phone: (707)-544-4761 M-F 6AM – 5PM PST Sat 7:30AM – 5PM PST
automotiveforums@dpbrands.com
Matt@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #2
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

I had the Flowmaster Super 40 and recently swapped for the Super 10 dual catback--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TltTvuEkKRc

By leaving the installed cats--the aggressive tone is cut down a tiny bit, but still there's quite a better sound to the jeep now-

JIIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #3
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
I had the Flowmaster Super 40 and recently swapped for the Super 10 dual catback--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TltTvuEkKRc

By leaving the installed cats--the aggressive tone is cut down a tiny bit, but still there's quite a better sound to the jeep now-

JIIMBO
Sweet Nova! Are you running the Super 10 dual catback on your 2008 JK? I'd love to see a video of that! Thanks for the feedback

Unread 06-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Heh Heh, YUP and I also have the Super 10 on my 4.0L 2001 Ford Ranger--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Flowmaster View Post
Sweet Nova! Are you running the Super 10 dual catback on your 2008 JK? I'd love to see a video of that! Thanks for the feedback
My muffler shop, I've been dealing with them for over25 years and they've been selling Flowmaster for longer then that--

They told me the Super 10 would sound really aggressive and "Tolerable" as long as I left the stock cats installed--they were right, the sound is much more PLEASING than the FM 40 and completely more noticeable than the FM 50-

I think some of the other mufflers--Dynomax/Gibson/Thrush/Bosal/Walker/Ansa all sound great (variable) at first and for x miles, but they degrade over carbon/vibration/heat--

Flowmasters don't--I'm notta engineer, but I've used Flowmaster on race/street/off-road--V8s/V6s--never Drone, because of secondary exhaust and mount security-

That's my story and I'm sticking toit !

JIMBO

I ha
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
BadJohnny
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've got the Flowmaster dBx on my Rubicon. Chose it mostly for the size/shape. Round short tucks up nice, decently quiet and has a nice low note to it.

@ Matt@Flowmaster: I did not seen a kit with this particular muffler but would be nice if Flowmaster would make a cat back with it. Save some trouble with all the cutting and welding. Just a request for a possible future product.
BadJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2014, 03:55 PM   #6
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJohnny View Post
I've got the Flowmaster dBx on my Rubicon. Chose it mostly for the size/shape. Round short tucks up nice, decently quiet and has a nice low note to it.

@ Matt@Flowmaster: I did not seen a kit with this particular muffler but would be nice if Flowmaster would make a cat back with it. Save some trouble with all the cutting and welding. Just a request for a possible future product.
Thanks for the feedback! I will pass your idea along. I'm happy to hear that you chose a muffler with our Cool Shell Technology for your Jeep. The dBX, HP-2 and Super HP-2 Series mufflers are great for tucking up high into the frame rails and out of harms way.

Tags
exhaust , flowmaster , muffler , performance , technology

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.