mounting a 60" hi jack lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > mounting a 60" hi jack lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-26-2006, 11:31 PM   #1
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

mounting a 60" hi jack lift

any one know where to put the 60" hi jack? i have no ideas.... and no i could not just get the 48, my jeep is on a 7.5" RE LA lift with 38" iroks... 48 wont cut it

Unread 10-27-2006, 12:02 AM   #2
olds442
1999 XJ Cherokee 

dunno bout the jack, but pics of the jeep please
VT
olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 10:30 AM   #3
lastcool

I took my 60" and made a custom 56" Hi-Lift and mounted it just behind the back rollbars with some big U-bolts. The whole thing fits assembled back there even with the soft top is on I just cut the top 4" or so off and remounted the loop on the end. I figured, how often am I going to use the top 4" of the thing anyway. But I still have the extra height if i need it

Hope this helps. let me know if you need some pics and I can take some
Blue Jeep Club Member #211
Arizona Jeep Club Member #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch
Have we figured out the punch in the nuts over IP (PINoIP) yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoseki
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
lastcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 10:58 AM   #4
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just strap your axle to the frame so it won't droop the next time you jack it up and you'll find that a 48" Hi-Lift is more than tall enough.

Here's a pic of my axle being held to the frame with a ratchet strap during a repair of a snapped axleshaft. A strap, rope, chain etc. used like that eliminates the axle droop that cause many to think they need a 60" Hi-Lift.
axlewithstrap.jpg  

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2006, 03:12 PM   #5
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ya if you have any pics lastcool it would be awsome, never even thought of that jerry but id rather just have a bigger one... but nice comment, ill prolly use that some time, but ya pics would be great lastcool
Unread 10-30-2006, 10:37 AM   #6
lastcool

Here you go, sorry for the slowresponce, I was out of town this weekend.

There really isnt anything special about it. All you need to do is mount the U-bolt to the roll bar (make sure you mount it below the padding) with the supplied bolts and hardware, then use 2 more bolts and 2 washers per side to mount the jack to the U-bolts. This way when you remove the jack, the U-bolts stay in place. Also, when mounting the jack, you'll have to move the loop tab down on the jack and point it either up or down.

Quote:
Quote:
The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Unread 10-30-2006, 10:45 AM   #7
Javelina

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcool
Here you go, sorry for the slowresponce, I was out of town this weekend.

There really isnt anything special about it. All you need to do is mount the U-bolt to the roll bar (make sure you mount it below the padding) with the supplied bolts and hardware, then use 2 more bolts and 2 washers per side to mount the jack to the U-bolts. This way when you remove the jack, the U-bolts stay in place. Also, when mounting the jack, you'll have to move the loop tab down on the jack and point it either up or down.

Click Free
Texas Jeep Owners Club Member #51
Javelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2006, 11:47 AM   #8
lastcool

Thanks Doc
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 10-30-2006, 05:29 PM   #9
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

now that is what i have been leaning towards that idea, never even thought of cutting a few inches off.... but i do have a hard top and it makes it harder cuz that back part pops out for the vents.... i was thinking of gettin somethin like these
http://www.demello-offroad.com//cata...09th%20036.jpg

thoes are for the FJ bars but somethin slick like that.... i am still atached to that clean nice look... but i havnt found anything for cheaper.... i mean 90 bucks? lol but if any one knows of somethin like that, that will work on the jeep tell me or keep the ideas comin in
Unread 10-31-2006, 09:45 AM   #10
lastcool

Those look pretty nice, I think that $90 is a little steep for a jack mount. Even if you could find one like that for the jeep, wouldn't you still run into the problem with the hard top? I have only had the soft top so I don't know.

Keep is updated with what you find. I'll keep my eyes peeled and post up anything that I find. Good luck!
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 10-31-2006, 10:08 AM   #11
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Once again, a 48" Hi-Lift is perfect... I've yet to see a Wrangler that actually required anything taller.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2006, 12:22 PM   #12
sahara0207
1997 TJ Wrangler 

jerry i hear you.... i payed about 3 bucks more for this one cuz my uncle works at the 4 wheel parts here and i figure ill cut it down to what will fit... hopefully bigger then the 48 but smaller then the 60... still considering your strap the axle to the frame... but even with a 48 all i need it a slick rollbar mount.... maybe even long ways down the cab on the roll bar passanger side... just take the base off... hmmmm..... any one seen that before?
Unread 10-31-2006, 12:50 PM   #13
SomeGuysName
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I take the base of mine off and bolt it with the wing nuts I have on the end of the jack. I replaced the cheesy pin they put in it with a bolt for easy installation when I need it.
SomeGuysName is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2006, 01:09 PM   #14
ASUsax
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcool
I took my 60" and made a custom 56" Hi-Lift and mounted it just behind the back rollbars with some big U-bolts. The whole thing fits assembled back there even with the soft top is on I just cut the top 4" or so off and remounted the loop on the end. I figured, how often am I going to use the top 4" of the thing anyway. But I still have the extra height if i need it

Hope this helps. let me know if you need some pics and I can take some
I had no Idea lastcool's High-lift wasn't a 48. It does look really clean where he's got it.
Blue Jeep Club Member #197
'02 TJ - 33" BFG MT's's, some armor, yadda yadda. 2" BDS lift/1"BL
'94 ZJ - May it rest in pieces.
ASUsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2006, 05:05 PM   #15
Black Hills TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hmm...do you have a swing away tire carrier that you could add a hilift mount to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.