most agressive pedals (3-piece, I have a clutch)? - JeepForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 01-21-2014, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Mambo_Dave
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: south
Posts: 699
most agressive pedals (3-piece, I have a clutch)?

Heya all.

I'm a bit surprised, but in a recent search for agressive pedals, all I'm finding anymore are 'driving' pedals for cars.

I'm looking for pedals with some of the spikey qualities of some of the better aluminum bicycle or motorcycle pedals to keep certain work shoes I have from slipping off of them.

Why anyone who owns a Jeep would put on anything like
http://www.quadratec.com/products/55003_2005.htm
or
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12600_0122.htm
or
http://www.quadratec.com/products/55003_2000.htm

is beyond me ... unless they have a city Jeep?

Anyway...

I'm looking more for grip -





Mambo_Dave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 01-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Mud Pilot
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Nashville
Posts: 70
I work for a motorsports shop and I have seen in my catalogs where you can get weld on foot peg wideners. Maybe these may be what you are looking for. Found them on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Works-Connec...p2054897.l4275

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Mud Pilot is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 01-21-2014, 05:44 PM
jay-h
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,150
With vehicle pedals, you want grip, but you don't want so much that it can snag on your shoe (different from a bike where you want it to hold on tight). That could be dangerous

I've got something like this, works well with mud or snow covered shoes.

http://www.amazon.com/Bully-PM-222-D.../dp/B000HTS3FI

My toys
'89 Wrangler YJ
'47 CJ2-A

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 01-21-2014, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Mambo_Dave
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: south
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Pilot View Post
I work for a motorsports shop and I have seen in my catalogs where you can get weld on foot peg wideners. Maybe these may be what you are looking for. Found them on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Works-Connec...p2054897.l4275

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
If I went that route, I might, instead, get a solid(er) aluminum pedal and take it to a machine shop to get real grip put in it. Thanks though.

I've toyed with buying those same style 'wideners' for my DR650.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay-h View Post
With vehicle pedals, you want grip, but you don't want so much that it can snag on your shoe (different from a bike where you want it to hold on tight). That could be dangerous

I've got something like this, works well with mud or snow covered shoes.

http://www.amazon.com/Bully-PM-222-D.../dp/B000HTS3FI
I guess that could work if I can't find something more agressive - thank you. I hadn't seen this style before.

Ugh... don't see it with the "Man's" pedal though - just for automatics.
Mambo_Dave is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 01-21-2014, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Mambo_Dave
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: south
Posts: 699
I may have found what I was looking for - or close to it.

http://www.srpracing.com/default.cfm
Mambo_Dave is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 01-23-2014, 07:57 AM
kjg26
Registered User
 
kjg26's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: North of Atlanta
Posts: 1,854
Hex head self taping screws. Place where you want em.

Black 1993 YJ 4.0, 5 Speed
Slowly but surely getting better and better. Trailer build soon!!
kjg26 is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 01-23-2014, 08:25 AM
jay-h
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,150
Those jaggy points are worrisome. "Unintended acceleration " accidents have been caused by catching a shoe on gas pedal, that looks like a real risk.

My toys
'89 Wrangler YJ
'47 CJ2-A

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 01-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper
 
Anticanman's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon
Posts: 20,368
I run this one on the clutch. When I pull the plastic bit out, the spikes grip into y boots in snow and mud alike. Its nothing like your pics up there but you could run some bolts through and have the tips lock into the bolt tread


Luck Favours The Prepared
Anticanman is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 01-25-2014, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Mambo_Dave
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: south
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay-h View Post
Those jaggy points are worrisome. "Unintended acceleration " accidents have been caused by catching a shoe on gas pedal, that looks like a real risk.
By folks who don't know how to drive or lift their feet.

Keep in mind here - I drive vehicles with clutches... I know how to lift me feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg26 View Post
Hex head self taping screws. Place where you want em.
Damned good idea there, thanks kjg! I could even use the pedal covers the Jeep came with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I run this one on the clutch. When I pull the plastic bit out, the spikes grip into y boots in snow and mud alike. Its nothing like your pics up there but you could run some bolts through and have the tips lock into the bolt tread

I had those cheap pedals on an old truck - they were OK, but with the plastic gone I bet you're right... they'd be cheap and much better!

OK, this gives me ideas and options - thanks guys!
Mambo_Dave is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome