Minimum lift for 31in off roaders on 2002 WJ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Minimum lift for 31in off roaders on 2002 WJ?

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 06-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #16
98ZJCustom

ZJ's all day. Okay back to the topic, my dad has a 99 WJ an I have a 98 ZJ we are always competing for who's is better. I win. Before I put my 4" on my jeep my dad had 31's on his WJ an all he did was spacers an new shocks he was higher even though we had the same tires. Now I run 33's an 4 inch an dominate his 2" BB lift.-a

98ZJCustom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #17
98ZJCustom

You can defientley fit 31's on a tight budget.
98ZJCustom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #18
phoenixzro
2002 WJ 

Billzcat, where'd you get the 3/4" in spacers? And did you put them on rear only to level it? I got two 12 subs in back and wondering what route to take to level? I went ahead and got the 2" coil kit, BDS i think, and Bilstein shocks. Isolators just arrived so now I just gotta find a shop to do the 2" sway bar extension. Can't freakin wait!
phoenixzro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #19
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I actually did the 3/4" spacers in the front only, and yes, just to level it and compensate for the added weight multi-mount winch. I got them from an ebay seller named "dahrkstorm" for $25 shipped and I put his email address in the Comprehensive BDS Lift Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/comprehensive-bds-fatbobs-2-lift-thread-1154164/
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #20
phoenixzro
2002 WJ 

So with all the stuff I'm adding, how do you recommend to level? I have no winch and not sure if the subs make a difference. Sorry for the noob questions. This is my first attempt at lifting a vehicle.
Unread 07-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #21
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

Well, first I would lift it and see where you sit. Then you have a choice of 10mm spacers from OME (a little more than 3/8") or 3/4" spacers from KOR or dahrkstorm to trim it how you want. There's no way to exactly predict where you will be sitting with a heavy load/heavy stereo.
Unread 08-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #22
phoenixzro
2002 WJ 

I found these rear sway bar extended links online http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...y_Code=SUS_ACC Would they work for what I'm doing?
Unread 08-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #23
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I have no idea how long those are.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.