MBRP Off Camber Fabrications Line-X Bumpers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > MBRP Off Camber Fabrications Line-X Bumpers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 07-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
MBRP
2008 JK Wrangler 

MBRP Off Camber Fabrications Line-X Bumpers

Hey everyone,

The company just purchased a Line-X franchise and did a test run on our Off Camber Fabrications bumpers. We did a stubby front, a full width winch mount front bumper and a rear bumper. I'd like some honest opinions on them because we are trying to decide if we should do this as a production option. Would you pay the extra to have the Line-X on them?

There are some imperfections on these bumpers as this is the first time we've done anything like this. We do have a stubby on a customers 2011 that is flawless so it can be done.

Some advantages with the Line-X is that it won't stone chip or rust and makes the bumpers a little more scratch and dent resistant.

Please be honest in your feedback.

MBRP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #2
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think they look great! If I was to order one (I don't have a JK anyways) I would order bare steel, just so I could Monstaline it to match the rest of my Jeep, but I think that this is definitely a great option for someone looking to mod their JK.
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
MBRP
2008 JK Wrangler 

I guess my next question is to who ever has had their bumpers done.

What did you pay to get it coated?? dosen't matter on the brand of coating but line-x would be more accurate

What are the rates for US line-x ing?? as we are in Canada and I know it's a total different ball game up here.

Was it inside and out?? on the test units we did inside and out.

thanks for the intrest

Scott
Unread 07-13-2011, 07:35 AM   #4
MBRP
2008 JK Wrangler 

So we've worked out our costs and all that's involved and we are thinking the line-x option being a $100 upgrade. We are doing the testing on one of the bumpers we did as we speak just to see the result of impacts as well as keeping them clean. We've sprayed these units with the premium coating so it's not as porous as the regular line-x in hopes of it not getting clogged with mud and sand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.