Max. Flex vs. Useful Flex and The Anti-rock - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Max. Flex vs. Useful Flex and The Anti-rock

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #106
mwood6
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Front Bumper

This thread has been continued for at least 5 years It's a great write up on a very intriguing product. I just have one question.. On the 2nd page someone mentioned various front bumpers that would work. Would the Rokmen Mercenary Front Bumper fit without trimming? If it needs to be trimmed what exactly needs to happen?

Sorry for my ignorance.. Once again well done and thanks in advance

mwood6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #107
eduardostewart
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i ripped of my front sway bar and am going to install the anitrock. anyone have experience with putting one on with an xrc bumper?
eduardostewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #108
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwood6 View Post
This thread has been continued for at least 5 years It's a great write up on a very intriguing product. I just have one question.. On the 2nd page someone mentioned various front bumpers that would work. Would the Rokmen Mercenary Front Bumper fit without trimming? If it needs to be trimmed what exactly needs to happen?

Sorry for my ignorance.. Once again well done and thanks in advance

If you search, I believe there is a thread called something like Front Bumpers Fitting with a Antirock. People relate their experience with different bumpers. Can't remember if Rokmen works or not. If I had a to guess in a vacuum I'd bet money on it working.
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #109
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Also, the issue is that there need to be a clear "pocket" on the bumper to accommodate where the Antirock / Swaylock / etc. stick out the end of the front cross member tube. I don't know the specifics of a particular bumper. Some might require trimming. I know the Savvy does not. The ARB does.

Figure approximately 2-3" out rom the face of the frame in an area about 1/2" larger diameter than the crossmember tube.

As biffgnar mentioned, try searching for threads on the subject, particularly in the TJ section.
Unread 07-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #110
eduardostewart
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i installed the antirock this past weekend. hardest part was starting the white plastic bushings into the frame. i only have 3" suspension lift and trimmed the link 1/2" on each side. kept the nuts on all the way on the links before/during cutting so i could "chase" the threads but unscrewing the nuts.

i have xrc front bumper and looked like just slid by with enough clearance - in that i put the bolts in upside down on the ones that crimp the arms to the rod. the head is a little smaller than the lock nut so the head seems to just clear the bumper when i rotates down.

thanks for the info everyone!
eduardostewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #111
peter12

Anti Rock - Superior handling anywhere off pavement; Much more stability off road; The Jeep stays much more level as it goes through its articulations.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #112
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Yeah that looks to be a really good device, lots of my technically astute buddies are really impressed with it. The Sway-Loc work like an Antirock offroad but it adds a second street setting that has the stiffness of the OE antiswaybar. Heck I might even try to figure out how to sell my Antirock and get one of those for my own Jeep.

EDIT 2/7/13. My opinion on the Swayloc has completely changed. I would no longer trade my Currie Antirock for a sway lock.
Jerry edits his post 8 years later. I like it.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #113
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Damn, antirock was $280 in 05...wish it was still

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #114
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Damn, antirock was $280 in 05...wish it was still
I wish gasoline still cost what it did back in '05.

My Antirock still navigates the most challenging gas station pump alleys beautifully.
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 04:22 PM   #115
MarioM0one
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Yeah that looks to be a really good device, lots of my technically astute buddies are really impressed with it. The Sway-Loc work like an Antirock offroad but it adds a second street setting that has the stiffness of the OE antiswaybar. Heck I might even try to figure out how to sell my Antirock and get one of those for my own Jeep.

EDIT 2/7/13. My opinion on the Swayloc has completely changed. I would no longer trade my Currie Antirock for a sway lock.
Hi Jerry, could you tell us why you changed your mind? I have been wanting to go with the Swayrock on account of the mostly positive reviews here, specially about their on-road performance. And since I already have the OBC, it sure is tempting, the cost notwithstanding. I thoroughly value you advice. Mario
MarioM0one is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #116
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I can't speak for Jerry but there were some questionable practices between the manufacturer of the SwayLOC and the originator(s) of the design. It pissed off or annoyed many in the community. That and I think one of the latter generations (they are on the 3rd or 4th now) had some reliability issues. Not sure if it was cleared up or not yet. Be good idea to do some research on them.

I still think it's a good design and one of the better ones out there. And after switching form the AR to the SwayLOC I still love and prefer the SwayLOC. It's the street performance of the SwayLOC's stiffer swaybar setting that I like so much. Just can't get that with the Anti-rocks and I use my Jeep enough on the street that the AR annoyed me too much.
Unread 03-17-2014, 10:41 PM   #117
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45º 36.663' W 123º 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea View Post
I can't speak for Jerry but there were some questionable practices between the manufacturer of the SwayLOC and the originator(s) of the design. It pissed off or annoyed many in the community. That and I think one of the latter generations (they are on the 3rd or 4th now) had some reliability issues. Not sure if it was cleared up or not yet. Be good idea to do some research on them.

I still think it's a good design and one of the better ones out there. And after switching form the AR to the SwayLOC I still love and prefer the SwayLOC. It's the street performance of the SwayLOC's stiffer swaybar setting that I like so much. Just can't get that with the Anti-rocks and I use my Jeep enough on the street that the AR annoyed me too much.
x2, from what I know, ORO made some negative and questionable agreements/promissory with the designer of the SwayLoc and things fell through, leaving the designer void. Unfortunately, I did not come across this fact until after I had purchased my SwayLoc. While I am not a fan of what ORO practiced, I will state that the end product of what was conceptualized in Mrblaine's design is a winning product
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #118
MarioM0one
2001 TJ Wrangler 

It is unfortunate, regarding the issues regarding the problems with the originators of the design and the licensees. Of course, I have no idea, it could have been more of a hand-shake agreement gone bad. Of more concern as a consumer, are the postings I have read of the lack of support to the product. I read about a part for a two year old unit needing to be replaced which was no longer available. Most of the reviews available on Google are from several years ago, so one would hope things have got better, given they are still around. For me, driving on freeways, the AR is not an option in its current design, as much as I like the company. I am no stranger to sudden high speed swerving situations, so I would not want to compromise the stability of an already relatively unstable vehicle. I've got a 4" lift riding on 325/65R18's Nittos (35's), which actually handles surprisingly well. I am convinced the SwayLoc is what I need. With a 4.53 back spacing and -12 offset 18" wheels, I don't have the necessary clearance turning lock-to-lock. Seems that my only option to make it work (without sacrificing turn radius) would be to use wheel spacers. I checked the forum on the subject and I will go with the Spidertrax. By the way, I e-mailed ORO asking for install instructions. Steve replied within an hour with a PDF. I feel better already. Thank you for the responses. Mario
MarioM0one is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.