Max. Flex vs. Useful Flex and The Anti-rock - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Max. Flex vs. Useful Flex and The Anti-rock

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 10-21-2011, 04:06 PM   #61
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have seen threads about issues with some aftermarket bumpers blocking the round crossmember that the Antirock and other offroad sway bars use. If I remember right, they just cut off the piece that is blocking the crossmember. I can't seem to find the thread right now for reference. The Antirock bar does live inside of that tube, and it needs to be completely open on both ends for the bushings to fit in to. I'm sure the Swayloc is the same, but I don't have one of those.

And yes, always a pleasure to see Island's avatar.

TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #62
lucky-13
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveX View Post
I have seen threads about issues with some aftermarket bumpers blocking the round crossmember that the Antirock and other offroad sway bars use. If I remember right, they just cut off the piece that is blocking the crossmember. I can't seem to find the thread right now for reference. The Antirock bar does live inside of that tube, and it needs to be completely open on both ends for the bushings to fit in to. I'm sure the Swayloc is the same, but I don't have one of those.

And yes, always a pleasure to see Island's avatar.
Thanks Dave - sounds like if I can cut enough of the side mounts away to clear that tube that either one should work.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #513
05 LJ Rubicon Sahara #787 : 6" Skyjacker Longarm Lift
07 WK Overland : It's all about the Hemi : XK/WK Owners Club Member #13
lucky-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #63
Kid_Rock171

Scribed

Want a C. AR but only have a 2.5" lift + 1.25" BL with how long the end links are alot of people having fit problems with minimal lift? Will switch to a 4" and 35's after 33's wear out.

Last edited by Kid_Rock171; 11-20-2011 at 07:31 PM..
Kid_Rock171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #64
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I know this is a rather old thread that has been revived but one question.

Currently the only lift I have on my jeep is a 3" bodilift. Yes I know get rid of it, only mall crawlers run that much bodilift, bla bla bla. Have had it on there for 9 years and kinda liked it.

I will be removing it and going with a 4" short arm and 1" body but for now the first thing will be my gears. Then possibly next year will be the suspension lift.

I want the AR. Will it work with no suspension lift? I would hate to buy it and then have to wait an extra year before installing it.
Diverdown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #65
Heath
2013 JK Wrangler 

It will but you have to chop the links so short they won't work with a lift later. You'll need to get new links.
Unread 11-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #66
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
It will but you have to chop the links so short they won't work with a lift later. You'll need to get new links.
Couldn't the links be custom made and then discarded for use with the ones that came with the kit when the lift is done? Not sure exactly what it would take other than some solid bar stock and heim joints.
Unread 11-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #67
Heath
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverdown87

Couldn't the links be custom made and then discarded for use with the ones that came with the kit when the lift is done? Not sure exactly what it would take other than some solid bar stock and heim joints.
Lol, yeah. Reinvent the wheel much? Just get an extra set of Links from Currie, instead of trying to build what they already built.
Unread 11-30-2011, 06:27 AM   #68
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Lol, yeah. Reinvent the wheel much? Just get an extra set of Links from Currie, instead of trying to build what they already built.
Yeah I went to their site and saw that you can order up to 14" threaded rod for $15 ea. Wouldn't need anything more than that.
Unread 11-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #69
Heath
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverdown87

Yeah I went to their site and saw that you can order up to 14" threaded rod for $15 ea. Wouldn't need anything more than that.
Cool! There you go!
Unread 03-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #70
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Subscribed and bookmarked.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #71
jeepers29
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey fellow jeepers, I am fixin to install the antirock in my TJ but the instructions do not say anything about which hole to use for the top link. I know which one you usedetermines how stiff the ride is, but do no know which end of the holes is best for DD Vs. best for off raod. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind, I found the info. Thanks

Last edited by jeepers29; 07-08-2012 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: found the info
jeepers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #72
crgrissom
Master of Reality

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I know you said never mind, but...I put mine in the middle hole when I installed it and haven't moved it since. Works great on and off road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers29 View Post
Hey fellow jeepers, I am fixin to install the antirock in my TJ but the instructions do not say anything about which hole to use for the top link. I know which one you usedetermines how stiff the ride is, but do no know which end of the holes is best for DD Vs. best for off raod. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind, I found the info. Thanks

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
- Thomas A. Edison
crgrissom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #73
Raz0rback
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddernaught View Post
The bumper is the Metal Cloak aluminum bumper. I'm installing with the stock sway bar this weekend. Anyone installed a SwayLoc with a MC front bumper? Any trimming/adjustments necessary?
mudder,

I'm looking at the MC aluminum bumper as well. Did you have to make any modifications?
Raz0rback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #74
mikl123
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Homemade discos for a 4" lift??

Okay, a while ago I came across a forum that described how a dude lifted his tj 4 inches by simply putting 2" xj coils on the front of the tj , while moving the stock front coils to the rear. Along with 4" shocks and a homemade transfercase drop. He said everything works fine when it comes to track bars, control arms, no motor mount or drop needed, and stock brake lines. BUT he said he doesn't know about the front sway bar because he removed it when he got the jeep. So my question is, IS there a way to make longer discos for my stock sway bar that would work with the lift I plan on doing???? I really dont want run without the front sway bar, and cant afford the anti-rock at the moment.
2000 tj-2.5 rough country lift/ 33" BF tires- rock slidersteps- 7"flares"- Rugged Ridge front/rear bumper--hood scoop-black 15" CRAGAR rims- hardtop privacy glass- seat covers- aux tube bumper lights- herculiner inside- L.E.D taillights, powerade throttle body spacer, 6" daylighters ect...
mikl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #75
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikl123 View Post
Okay, a while ago I came across a forum that described how a dude lifted his tj 4 inches by simply putting 2" xj coils on the front of the tj , while moving the stock front coils to the rear. Along with 4" shocks and a homemade transfercase drop. He said everything works fine when it comes to track bars, control arms, no motor mount or drop needed, and stock brake lines. BUT he said he doesn't know about the front sway bar because he removed it when he got the jeep. So my question is, IS there a way to make longer discos for my stock sway bar that would work with the lift I plan on doing???? I really dont want run without the front sway bar, and cant afford the anti-rock at the moment.
You're not understanding things.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.