ManleyORV - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > ManleyORV

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
06JeepLJ
2014 JK Wrangler 

ManleyORV

Anyone ever hear of or have any experience with them? They build modern day M416 trailers...

Unread 09-30-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I've checked out their site before - they look nice. They're just not cheap. If that's the type of trailer I was looking for I would definitely consider them.

It's pretty difficult to screw up a trailer. You need a metal tub, a square/true frame, and suspension. Axles are usually sourced out, and most likely the suspension too. Wheels and tires are often chosen by the purchaser (to match their vehicle) although trailer makers have the ones that they sell too. There is some variation in the tongue when building a trailer as to whether it is a ball hitch coupler or a 2" receiver so you can swap out coupler methods.

May I suggest building your own?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/m...hread-1180456/
armyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

They look great but high dollar. Never seen one in person but the pictures look nice on fb.
Unread 09-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
06JeepLJ
2014 JK Wrangler 

armyRN trust me I have been reading all the trailer builds.... just really want an M416.
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
jampop1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Like this?
imag1772-640x361-.jpg

jampop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
06JeepLJ
2014 JK Wrangler 

Yes, I hope you can send a link to the build thread?
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #7
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06JeepLJ View Post
armyRN trust me I have been reading all the trailer builds.... just really want an M416.
Then build your own. This is an M-100 (model prior to the M416); other than round vs. flat fenders it's essentially the same.

http://www.kaiserwillys.com/product/...ts-accessories.

New Reproductions Complete Trailer Assembly Kit (with chassis) $1529.99 (plus shipping)

Original thickness steel assembly with fender wells. Great additional to your military or civilian vehicle. Comes painted in primer.

Kit includes:
MB Trailer Assembly with Chassis
MB Trailer Eye Lunette
MB Trailer Leg Support
MB Trailer Draw Bar Bracket

Fits:
41-45 MB
41-45 GPW

This way you can get the exact axle and bolt pattern,wheels and tires, and suspension you want.

Figure roughly $150-200 for an axle, another $150-200 for suspension parts (springs, shackles, hardware), and whatever you want to spend for wheels and tires. Lights you can go cheap (regular trailer lights with simple brackets) or spend more on repro or NOS military trailer lights. jscherb put a set of military lights on the fiberglass military trailer project he's building. The actual wiring for trailers with the four-wire flat plug is not expensive.

Or you could just buy the repro tub and put it on a modified HF 4x8' trailer as jscherb has demonstrated how to narrow and shorten. Once you modify the HF trailer to fit the repro trailer box you'll have your wider axle, springs (although I would change out the factory slipper springs for some longer springs with a shackle at one end), and it's wired already for lights.
repro-trailer.jpg

armyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
jampop1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

imag1773-2-640x361-.jpg

jampop1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.