Looking at a 1996 grand cherokee limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Looking at a 1996 grand cherokee limited

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 03-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
mjvol
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looking at a 1996 grand cherokee limited

I am liking and probably buying this trade I got... I work for a new Chrysler Jeep dealer and today I took in a really clean 1996 Grand Cherokee on trade that this sweet older couple bought bran new... And I didn't take advantage of them for anyone wondering... Anyways, I was a sophomore in high school in 96 so I don't know a ton about these older grand Cherokees, so I'm looking for some thoughts on this year. I think it might be an up-country edition? it has the straight six and Quadra track 4wd. It has 95k original miles. Its like a pearl white with Black leather. I would rate it a solid 9 overall, everything on it looks like and was supposed to be dealer maintained, it's all Mopar belts and hoses, plugs wires, etc. all looks very well-kept up and very clean. Not a drop of oil underneath it when we put it in the air.

Cons: Think it needs a catalytic converter, it pulls a little to the right, So I'm guessing it would need a four wheel alignment...

What do y'all think? I know the 4.0 liter is a great engine... is this a good year of the grand Cherokee? Thanks in advance.

bonus: It has a set of BFGoodrich all-terrain TA KOs with good meat left.

mjvol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Deleted

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 02:22 AM   #3
misfit77
1996 ZJ 

Don't get a ZJ but if you do, don't get a limited. I have a 96 limited, too many gadgets to brake. Memory Seats/Mirrors, AVIC and the God Awful Proportionate steering. I am battling the power steering pump now.

I prefer my 96 XJ. No transfer case worries, The ZJ have viscous coupler issues in the V8. The ZJ also have ECM issues. I have mine ziptied as a preventative measure.

My XJ was lighter, more nimble, faster and just seems like I fixed less stuff on it.
misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.