Looking at a 1996 grand cherokee limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Looking at a 1996 grand cherokee limited

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 03-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
mjvol
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looking at a 1996 grand cherokee limited

I am liking and probably buying this trade I got... I work for a new Chrysler Jeep dealer and today I took in a really clean 1996 Grand Cherokee on trade that this sweet older couple bought bran new... And I didn't take advantage of them for anyone wondering... Anyways, I was a sophomore in high school in 96 so I don't know a ton about these older grand Cherokees, so I'm looking for some thoughts on this year. I think it might be an up-country edition? it has the straight six and Quadra track 4wd. It has 95k original miles. Its like a pearl white with Black leather. I would rate it a solid 9 overall, everything on it looks like and was supposed to be dealer maintained, it's all Mopar belts and hoses, plugs wires, etc. all looks very well-kept up and very clean. Not a drop of oil underneath it when we put it in the air.

Cons: Think it needs a catalytic converter, it pulls a little to the right, So I'm guessing it would need a four wheel alignment...

What do y'all think? I know the 4.0 liter is a great engine... is this a good year of the grand Cherokee? Thanks in advance.

bonus: It has a set of BFGoodrich all-terrain TA KOs with good meat left.

mjvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Deleted

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 02:22 AM   #3
misfit77
1996 ZJ 

Don't get a ZJ but if you do, don't get a limited. I have a 96 limited, too many gadgets to brake. Memory Seats/Mirrors, AVIC and the God Awful Proportionate steering. I am battling the power steering pump now.

I prefer my 96 XJ. No transfer case worries, The ZJ have viscous coupler issues in the V8. The ZJ also have ECM issues. I have mine ziptied as a preventative measure.

My XJ was lighter, more nimble, faster and just seems like I fixed less stuff on it.
misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.