Lockers and Axle Changes... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Lockers and Axle Changes...

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
RockyFields
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Lockers and Axle Changes...

Hey
I bought a 99 TJ sport a few months back and am fixing it up and making it a serious off road vehicle.
It has stock dana 30 front and dana 35 rear axles. It does not have any lockers and that is my number 1 project right now.
should I buy lockers that fit with my current dana axles or should I wait and get bigger better newer axles and then put lockers on them?
Whats my best option?

RockyFields is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Wouldn't spend anything on your rear axle. In particular, it will not do well with a locker.
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Agreed. The general concensus is an 8.8 swap, which is what I did. It fought me during install but I finally got her tamed and running smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.