Light bar whistling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Light bar whistling

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-19-2014, 10:04 PM   #1
d_diesel27
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Light bar whistling

So i installed a 50 inch light bar today and was driving down the highway and heard a very loud whistling coming from it. Has anyone had this problem and if so how have you fixed it or did you just leave it?

d_diesel27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 05:17 AM   #2
Zeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

My "doors off" mirrors do the same thing. I have gotten used to it, not very loud.
Unread Yesterday, 08:38 AM   #3
mamefreak
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Go to pepboys and grab some black door trim, it's like $8 for two strips, then just slide it onto the cooling fins on the back of the bar. Depending on your angle you may have to try a few times to find out which fins are the ones making the noise. Mine is silent now
mamefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 03:27 PM   #4
d_diesel27
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a really good idea, hopefully it works cause its so damn annoying haha. Thanks !
d_diesel27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 01:23 AM   #5
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

There are two or three threads floating around on the subject, a search should pull them up. Anyhow, the weather-stripping between a few light bar fins seems to do the trick.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.