leaf spings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > leaf spings

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 09-19-2001, 08:17 PM   #1
Rockwall

leaf spings

I have an 91 yj 2.5l 4"sus.lift 2"body lift 27" tires soon to be 33, with an homemade air intake. I hate leaf spings, I find they take off clearance, so i would like to do one of 2 things
1- make the leaf spings go over the axel instead of under
or
2- Buy and install a full coil conversion

or just to get more wheel travel would it just be better to buy extendable leaf sping shacles by terraflex

thx

Rockwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2001, 11:03 AM   #2
Nightclaw
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I guess it comes down to how much money you want to spend. Neither a Spring-over-Axle (SoA) nor coil conversion is exactly a cheap proposition. Longer-than-stock shackles will give you a small lift on the cheap.

However, if you're only going with 33's, you probably have all the lift you need already. You shouldn't have any major clearance or articulation issues with the lift setup you already have. That, of course, is just my humble opinion. Now, if you have the money to do an SoA or coil conversion, I'll be the LAST person to try to persuade you differently...
4.0L / AX-15 / Stock NP231 / Stock D30 (open) / D60 (35-spline, Detroit locker, Moser axles) / rear disc brakes / 4.56 gears / Advanced Adapters SYE & CV Shaft / 33" BFG MT-KM's / Thorley Header / Magnaflow Muffler / BesTop Flares
Nightclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.