Krylon Fusion vs. Duplicolor Bed Liner on Flares - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Krylon Fusion vs. Duplicolor Bed Liner on Flares

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-27-2006, 11:14 PM   #1
miked02

Krylon Fusion vs. Duplicolor Bed Liner on Flares

Well like most people here, I hate having fadded fender flares. Yes back-to-black and all that works OK, but it needs to be applied constantly, which doesnt work well in the winter. I've heard a lot about people using Krylon Fusion Satin to paint their flares, and they seem to come out very nice. (http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239338) I've also seen in other threads that people use Dupli Color Satin Bed liner, this seems like a better way to go, more texture and probly wont scratch as easily as paint. Plus its ruberized and can take a beating. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried either or and has any pictures? I would love to do this to my jeep to clean up the flars a lil bit. Thanx.

Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 32x11.50R15
Mickey Thompson Classic II Rims 15x8
BDS 2" Suspension, 1" Body Lift
miked02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2006, 11:03 PM   #2
EaglesSJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I would do the bedliner because it would look tougher, or better yet just flat fender.

Unread 03-01-2006, 05:09 AM   #3
nbf6165
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Bed liner is definately the way to go. Just did mine last weekend and it looks great. I've bed lined many things on the jeep, finally got around to the flares. This stuff is not really rubberized though. It hardens fully yet will still give as the flares bend. Another thing is the textured finish hides scratches.
nbf6165 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2006, 09:00 AM   #4
miked02

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbf6165
Bed liner is definately the way to go. Just did mine last weekend and it looks great. I've bed lined many things on the jeep, finally got around to the flares. This stuff is not really rubberized though. It hardens fully yet will still give as the flares bend. Another thing is the textured finish hides scratches.
Sounds great! Do you have any pics of it? Also what brand did you use, duplicolor? Thanx for the advice!
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 32x11.50R15
Mickey Thompson Classic II Rims 15x8
BDS 2" Suspension, 1" Body Lift
miked02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #5
smunns

Will the Duplicolor bedliner fade?
smunns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #6
nbf6165
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Only the front has been done. Only had 1/2 can when I started. Have to pick up some more to do rear. I had done the grill about 6 months ago and I did notice that it had faded just a little, compared to the flares. The flat part of portion of the wheel well on top has also been painted with liner. When working on stuff this is usually where I lay tools. It was getting pretty scratched up so I painted it as well.
I've always used the Dupli Color. I think it's in like a blueish can. Cost about $8.
Unread 03-02-2006, 06:09 AM   #7
boise49ers

Finish

Is the dublicolor a rougher finish ? ? ? I actually like the herculiner finish on flares.
Is there anything out there with that rough of a finsh and maybe a littel cheaper
Thanks !
Unread 03-02-2006, 06:27 AM   #8
nbf6165
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Dupli color has a light textured finish. $8 is pretty cheap. You should be able to get 2 coats on all flares with one can.
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:06 AM   #9
tashspop

depending on how you spray, you can get different degree's of texture. read the can of duplicolor and it should explain this.
tashspop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2006, 11:21 PM   #10
JeepZJlover
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Only the front has been done. Only had 1/2 can when I started. Have to pick up some more to do rear. I had done the grill about 6 months ago and I did notice that it had faded just a little, compared to the flares. The flat part of portion of the wheel well on top has also been painted with liner. When working on stuff this is usually where I lay tools. It was getting pretty scratched up so I painted it as well.
I've always used the Dupli Color. I think it's in like a blueish can. Cost about $8.
clean your freakin rims up there disgusting
1993 Cherokee 4dr SE green, 4.0, Auto, HP30, 8.25, 3" lift 31" Goodyear Duratracs, Custom made front recovery bumper, Kenwood radio, 12" alpine type e subwoofer,alpine amplifier, Smittybilt xrc8 winch, tuff stuff portable winch receiver custom modified. 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0, 5 speed, Dana 30 front, Dana 44 trac loc rear, Stock
JeepZJlover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2006, 10:12 PM   #11
yellajeep04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I bought a can of Duplicolor too. While I'm painting my new flairs I thought about painting my steel safari style light guards with the bedliner.
Unread 03-31-2006, 09:25 AM   #12
LowCash

Quote:

Do you happen to have the pics for the grill? i would like to see how the fade looks on the duplicolor. I keep getting told to use the Krylon Fusion. So i am still kind of confused...
Unread 03-31-2006, 06:05 PM   #13
provkicker11

don't do the bedliner. I did four coats of herculiner on the flares after thouroughly sanding and scuffing, and the stuff peeled right off after about 3 weeks. Just go with black spray paint of some sort.
provkicker11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2006, 06:37 PM   #14
TomasPrimero

Use both of them. I did on my entire jeep.
jeep.jpg  
TomasPrimero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #15
dbl00
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFuerst
Use both of them. I did on my entire jeep.

is that a smooth finish on there??
dbl00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.