King of the Hammers Spec Class - Arrive and Drive - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > King of the Hammers Spec Class - Arrive and Drive

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadBestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

King of the Hammers Spec Class - Arrive and Drive

Not a jeep topic per se, but I think many of us attend or follow King of the Hammers and dream about doing that ourselves. But realistically for other than a few people on here its only a dream. Well, that dream may become a little closer to reality. Looks like Hammerking is adding a spec class with an arrive and drive option:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...pec-class.html

Looks like Dave's still thinking about pricing but the 5k fully crewed number he suggests in that thread seems very reasonable to me. If that's where it ends up I'll find a way to make it work. Anyone else? Who wants to be my co-driver?

Separately, I find the list of fully supporting vendors for the class interesting. In particular seeing Mopar as an active supporter seems like it could go good places.

Unread 08-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I saw this on pirate as well

Ill be your co driver

Ill also be wheeling jv all Year up until KOH

(I'm in SoCal only 100 miles for the hammers)

Nuff said...[/CENTER]
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
I saw this on pirate as well

Ill be your co driver

Ill also be wheeling jv all Year up until KOH

(I'm in SoCal only 100 miles for the hammers)
Knowing the trails and being available for me to come do pre-running are definite requirements for being my co-driver if Dave comes through with the class and if I can get a spot. With only 6 cars this year I think he'll have way more demand. And he's likely going to want to put "celebrity drivers" (think Travis Pastrana, Patrick Dempsey, etc.) in some of those just for hype.
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #4
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well lets hope he does not get to many celebraties and the cars are available to people with a bucketlist dream like ourselves

I would love to drive one year. But co drive would be awesome as well and alot cheaper haha

I have some vacation time as well so I could easily take off the whole week of KOH and some time before for prerunning

Idk if safety gear would be included. Probably not. But I have friends in the industry and I could probably get myself all the safety gear I.e helmet fire suit etc...

Nuff said...[/CENTER]
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
Well lets hope he does not get to many celebraties and the cars are available to people with a bucketlist dream like ourselves

I would love to drive one year. But co drive would be awesome as well and alot cheaper haha

I have some vacation time as well so I could easily take off the whole week of KOH and some time before for prerunning

Idk if safety gear would be included. Probably not. But I have friends in the industry and I could probably get myself all the safety gear I.e helmet fire suit etc...
That's a good point about safety gear. I already have all my own (except a Hans which I should get) but for people who don't that'll add ~1k for each of the driver and co-driver.
Unread 08-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
That's a good point about safety gear. I already have all my own (except a Hans which I should get) but for people who don't that'll add ~1k for each of the driver and co-driver.
Do they have them at Harbor Freight?
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #7
RWKHausSupply
1990 XJ Cherokee 

You can check the cars out at Off Road Expo in Oct I was told. I Host the Yukon axle booth and was told we cant have it in the booth but that there Should be the Yukon car out there. The initial word is that they are being built by Jimmy's. And hoping that the yukon car is the first(or close to first) to roll out, so it can be on display in Oct.

And only 18 month ago EVERYONE was saying how horrible and pathetic a Spec Class would be. And now everyone wants in.
RWKHausSupply is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

In what may turn out to be a lesson in be careful what you wish for I had a conversation with Dave Cole tonight and it seems like I have a decent chance at getting one of these spots. Could be an interesting next six months.
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #9
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar
In what may turn out to be a lesson in be careful what you wish for I had a conversation with Dave Cole tonight and it seems like I have a decent chance at getting one of these spots. Could be an interesting next six months.
wooooo! That definitely sounds like its goin to be an interesting six months

Pm inbound

Nuff said...[/CENTER]
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Interesting stuff to say the least. Best of luck getting a spot/rental.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #11
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Got a chance to drive the one existing spec car a couple times (desert and rock trails) this last week in JV. Lots of fun. Car has great power and sounds awesome. Its a big (long and wide) car so much different driving on the JV rock trails compared to being in a TJ. Also got a chance to experience (from the passenger seat) how strong the chassis is. Anybody who wants the Ultra4 experience should be watching this program and talking to Dave about a rental at an upcoming race. Still hoping I get a seat for KOH this year, but will definitely do another race or KOH in subsequent year if I don't get it this year.
Unread 12-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #12
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just got confirmation from Dave Cole that I will be the driver of #4701 the Dynomax sponsored spec car in this year's KOH!!!!
Unread 12-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #13
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Got a chance to drive the one existing spec car a couple times (desert and rock trails) this last week in JV. Lots of fun. Car has great power and sounds awesome. Its a big (long and wide) car so much different driving on the JV rock trails compared to being in a TJ. Also got a chance to experience (from the passenger seat) how strong the chassis is. Anybody who wants the Ultra4 experience should be watching this program and talking to Dave about a rental at an upcoming race. Still hoping I get a seat for KOH this year, but will definitely do another race or KOH in subsequent year if I don't get it this year.
For info on the rental experience check out: www.kohtheexperience.com
Unread 12-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #14
Dynomax_Exhaust
Exhaust Experts!
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Just got confirmation from Dave Cole that I will be the driver of #4701 the Dynomax sponsored spec car in this year's KOH!!!!
Very cool!
PM me your shirt size

Your ride is nice!!!

Dynomax_Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #15
cojab

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Very cool! Congrats and good luck.
cojab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.