Kentucky Offroad Park Closed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Kentucky Offroad Park Closed

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
Bigboyky
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Kentucky Offroad Park Closed

Guys Hillz n Hollarz has been shut down again.... Call the man that is responsible. His name is Greg Derossett he is the planning & zoning admin in Henry county Kentucky. The number is 502-845-7760. Hell call his boss to.... That would be John Brent number 502-845-5707.

For those of you outside the state, this is one of the best places I have found to ride. This crap has been going on since the park opened. This time they pulled his permit for good. Please help us & call these guys. Maybe if we get enough people calling they will back off! The landowner saidhe would just open it up for free, but they told him they would fine him for noise pollution at 500 a day. tell me again we live in the land of te free!!!!

Mitch

1995 4.0l, 5spd., 4:88's, ARB's F/R, 4"RC lift, homebrew bumpers & tire carrier, homebrew gas tank skid, lined inside, Cobra cb, smitty winch, 130w & 55w Hella lights

Envy our past, Fear our future Go Cats!

Take a look at our club
www.torcoffroad.com & here on JF
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f163/brand-new-ky-offroad-club-678937/
Bigboyky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboyky View Post
Guys Hillz n Hollarz has been shut down again.... Call the man that is responsible. His name is Greg Derossett he is the planning & zoning admin in Henry county Kentucky. The number is 502-845-7760. Hell call his boss to.... That would be John Brent number 502-845-5707.

For those of you outside the state, this is one of the best places I have found to ride. This crap has been going on since the park opened. This time they pulled his permit for good. Please help us & call these guys. Maybe if we get enough people calling they will back off! The landowner saidhe would just open it up for free, but they told him they would fine him for noise pollution at 500 a day. tell me again we live in the land of te free!!!!

Mitch
Noise pollution? I am assuming that the property is a few hundred acres? Who the fudge is gonna hear that except the squirrelys?
4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
Bigboyky
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Actually the park is 900 acres but the farm is over 4000......... it's B/S
1995 4.0l, 5spd., 4:88's, ARB's F/R, 4"RC lift, homebrew bumpers & tire carrier, homebrew gas tank skid, lined inside, Cobra cb, smitty winch, 130w & 55w Hella lights

Take a look at our club
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=678937
Unread 03-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
Wrangler_91
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Oh no, this is terrible. DO you have any other info on the matter? I also just noticed their website is down.
Wrangler_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 06:07 AM   #5
19psi
1998 XJ Cherokee 

what a bunch of bull****. it's out in the middle of nowwhere and these people want to act like it's in the middle of what, st. matthews? what the **** does it matter how much noise is going on out there? those same idiots complaining probably have nothing to say about teh gunshots from the deerhunters all the time. gunshots are loud, isn't that noise pollution as well?
what exactly constitutes noise pollution on open land? what about vehicles with stock muffled exhaust systems? that can't be noise pollution....
kawasaki zx-12r 190 hp of pure death!
19psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 06:58 AM   #6
Bigboyky
1995 YJ Wrangler 

That has been the problem all along. The same neighbor has been complaining since the park opened. He claims that the wheeling messes up his deer hunting. I am a hunter and I know that's not the case. Just some people are IDIOTS!!!!!! The one thing I can say Joe is looking to reopen in a different county. I'm not sure when or where. I don't think he does either. This was one of the best parks I've been to and hate to see it shut down!

Take a look at our club
Unread 03-20-2009, 07:20 AM   #7
rootster
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wait a minute!! What a load of crap!! Everyone give these clowns a call - if it can happen at H&H it can happen anywhere!

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]#116[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=XJIceQueen98;3719459]and on that note.. i'm going to play with them till i fall asleep[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=micifus] Its like a little voice in side your head constantly saying Boobs, Boobs, Boobs, Boobs.
Sometimes I am able to silence it with rational thought but in the end it always makes a more clear, rational argument. Boobs.[/QUOTE]
rootster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 07:25 AM   #8
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That has been the problem all along. The same neighbor has been complaining since the park opened. He claims that the wheeling messes up his deer hunting. I am a hunter and I know that's not the case. Just some people are IDIOTS!!!!!! The one thing I can say Joe is looking to reopen in a different county. I'm not sure when or where. I don't think he does either. This was one of the best parks I've been to and hate to see it shut down!
Why would that have anything to do with it opened in the spring and summer?
Do you have a adress so we can write and send letters?
Unread 03-20-2009, 10:02 AM   #9
Brads_nky_yj

Po Box 202
Planning And Zoning Office
Attn: Greg Derossett
New Castle Ky 40050
Unread 03-20-2009, 10:54 AM   #10
ptwelve
1998 TJ Wrangler 

:wtc:

Unread 03-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #11
Brads_nky_yj

First Johnson Valley, then Tellico, then the Rubicon, now HNH. These people are all over the country, trying to close down parks for any reason. It can happen anywhere and anytime. We need your help people. Give these guys a call, send them a letter. Whatever it takes.
Unread 03-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #12
andrew383
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Mitch
no one knows what the whole story is.Im not trying to ruffle feather's here but seriously people this is not the way to go about "saving" a park.
Unread 03-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #13
Brads_nky_yj

But there are only a few of us who have actually spoke with the park owner. This is not the first time this same thing has happened
Unread 03-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #14
74CJMatlock
1974 CJ5 

Andrew's right. The elected and appointed officials of the area are not responsible to the general off-roading public. We need to find out from an objective source (newspaper or similar) why the park got closed down, and what can be done either to challenge the closure or fix the problem. The best place to start would probably be the owner/manager of the park. Does anybody know of a message board where (s)he hangs out or posts?

To the extent to which you do call/otherwise contact the planning and zoning office, I would suggest making your comments polite, and explaining how much you have enjoyed (or plan to enjoy, if necessary) the hospitality of Henry County, and how much money you spent there when visiting the park. Again, the Henry County government doesn't owe us anything. However, all governments like tourist revenue.
Unread 03-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #15
Bigboyky
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74CJMatlock View Post
Andrew's right. The elected and appointed officials of the area are not responsible to the general off-roading public. We need to find out from an objective source (newspaper or similar) why the park got closed down, and what can be done either to challenge the closure or fix the problem. The best place to start would probably be the owner/manager of the park. Does anybody know of a message board where (s)he hangs out or posts?

To the extent to which you do call/otherwise contact the planning and zoning office, I would suggest making your comments polite, and explaining how much you have enjoyed (or plan to enjoy, if necessary) the hospitality of Henry County, and how much money you spent there when visiting the park. Again, the Henry County government doesn't owe us anything. However, all governments like tourist revenue.
I have spoken to the owner. He is a friend of mine. The local government have harrassed this park from the start. One neighbor has been the one complaining. And he finally got his way. I've seen said neighbor cutting down fencing/caution tape so that riders would cross onto his property just so he could video tape them. Then go to the courts to say this is whats happening. I don't want people to call and raise their voices, cussing, screaming, I just want people to call and let this local government that there is money to be made from this and every other park in the country.

Take a look at our club

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.