Junk Yard Price List? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Junk Yard Price List?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 02-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
unabashedpraise
1998 ZJ 

Junk Yard Price List?

This in the right spot? If not I'm sure the mods will move this thread:

It would be nice to have a spot to search for junkyard prices. I never know if those "people" are snickering behind my back for an overcharged item that I so willingly forked over my hard earned cash.

For example:
The other day I bought a Class III Drawtite used hitch and wire harness that I spent an hour taking off for $50; I thought it was pretty decent compared the harness new from Drawtite is about $55. Today I was reading a post where someone paid about $15 for all said items, only they were OEM. Maybe I got a good deal and he get the best, I don't know.

Maybe it could be something like:
Location, year and model, item, condition, price.

Otherwise, how are some of us supposed to know how much is too much?

Kansas City, MO

Rear tailgate shocks, functional- $10
1998 ZJ drivers dash w/ vents, perfect- $10
1993-1998 ZJ 2' Drawtite hitch and wire harness, small amounts of rust- $50

Help: Rear left lock doesn't lock using power locks, but will unlock. Any ideas?

-Born once, die twice. Born twice, die once.
unabashedpraise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

You bring up a good point.

Right now the average Joe junk yard owners are desperate and will sell anything for cheap around here. My dad scored the front 60/40 bench seat out of a 99' Ram for $60 and the guy let me have the rear seatbelts out of a ZJ as part of the deal.

YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan16 View Post
The 4banger only whines because it wants more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
Happy Joe
1985 CJ7 

Here is the price list of the cheapest yard around here (its a you pull it yourself yard).
I was shopping there just this morning for port injected Ford 5.0s...

http://coloradosprings.upullandpay.com/PriceGuide.aspx

Enjoy!

Carburetors became obsolete during the last century... do what ever it takes to get fuel injection...It makes bigger grins off road.
Happy Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
jbramble24
1984 CJ7 

Try this website, tell it what you are looking for and it will give you a list of salvage yards that have it an how much they want for it.

www.car-part.com
Unread 02-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbramble24 View Post
Try this website, tell it what you are looking for and it will give you a list of salvage yards that have it an how much they want for it.

www.car-part.com
Holy Rusted Metal Batman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan16 View Post
The 4banger only whines because it wants more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2009, 03:48 PM   #6
Me007gold

Heres a price list for the picknpull down here
Me007gold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2009, 11:54 PM   #7
yellowford
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Which yard did you go to in KC. Ive been tou pick it in KCK but haven't been over to pick n pull yet, just wondering which yard is better. The closet one to me always over charges for everything I just don't feel like drinving furhter most of the time.
yellowford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #8
unabashedpraise
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowford View Post
Which yard did you go to in KC. Ive been tou pick it in KCK but haven't been over to pick n pull yet, just wondering which yard is better. The closet one to me always over charges for everything I just don't feel like drinving furhter most of the time.
I went to a hunk-a-junk out in Independence, MO that I found on craigslist. It was DEFINITELY a family owned business. The only thing I like about them is that I can drive through and over the mounds of mud and puddles directly to the vehicle I am looking for. They only had a couple of jeeps though.

I'm going to try the "pick and pull" off of Truman next time, they never want to give any sort of help over the phone. I don't want to waste my time driving there if they don't even have a ZJ in stock, but alas, they won't answer those types of questions.

Help: Rear left lock doesn't lock using power locks, but will unlock. Any ideas?

Unread 02-28-2009, 06:36 PM   #9
ChicagoYJ
Yes, I Understand!

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Most of the self serve junkyards around here in and around Chicago have one day where it's 50% off everything in the yard.

Lucky for me I have 4 junkyards that are walking distance from home.
2 of them are self serve. Only down side is they rearly get any wranglers.
Cherokee and GC are a dime a dozen though.

One of them actually has a YJ in there right now. I'll be there tomorrow to grab a few things off of it. When these come in you can't wait till the half off day since they get picked a part quick.
ChicagoYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #10
1976cj5jeep
1976 CJ5 

I just pulled an entire power steering system from pull a part in okc. The gearbox, pump, & brackets came to $46. Not to bad IMO.
1976cj5jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #11
unabashedpraise
1998 ZJ 

Anyone ever buy any skid plates from these types of places?

Unread 03-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #12
-r0b-

I have a buddy who owns a rather large and sophisticated salvage yard. He's not even open to the public. His operation uses a high-dollar computer program which lets them enter in the vehicles VIN and it will automatically inventory it and list crossover fittingss as well as price the parts. He doesn't have to abide by what the program recommends for price, but says its fairly accurate. All the yards using this system are interconnected and they can search each others databases.
-r0b- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #13
newjeepinidaho
1966 CJ5 

my entire project came out of a junkyard and with about 10 trips and a lot of reserch i have been able to find everything i need disc brake conversion on a dana 27 less than 100 bucks would have been half that but i decided to put new calipers, pads and brake lines on
newjeepinidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #14
itsmejonnyb
1988 MJ Comanche 

the pick-a-part by where i live is ok i guess but the guys that work there aren't really that helpful. i herd of one about 30 miles from where i live, might go check it out soon. i was wondering if anyone has bought a striped out single cab, and how much they got it for. i need to replace mine in my commanche
itsmejonnyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #15
gmp211
2002 WJ 

Now only if they had a Kelley Blue Book for used car parts.

haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.