Jeep tent - mopar... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Jeep tent - mopar...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-10-2005, 11:37 AM   #1
mletschin

Jeep tent - mopar...

Does anyone have the jeep tent that supposedly hooks to the back of your jeep that is $339 on mopar.com? I really wanted to see a picture of it...

mletschin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2005, 11:47 AM   #2
twhud

not to sure what the big avantage of this tent would be to a TJ owner - the tents that attach to a pick-up are great - sleep in the PU bed and have a large living room - even a larger SUV this tent might work out well - but i just don't see any adavntage to a jeep owner - maybe i'm missing something? tommy
BMW R100GS
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

- Visit my Home Page & sign my Guest Book -

[url]http://www.picturetrail.com/tomhudson[/url]
twhud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2005, 11:55 AM   #3
ONE JEEPBRO

^^^^^^^agree. Waste of money IMO. I would just go out and buy yourself a good all around all weather tent that DOES NOT attach to your jeep. I just don't really see any advantages to having it attached to your jeep.
[COLOR=red][B]MODS: [/B] [/COLOR] [B]4.5 RE SUPERFLEX / 33inch SSR'S / WARN REAR BUMPER / JEEPERS & CREEPERS T-BODY / J&C DUAL BATTERY SYSTEM / J&C FRONT & REAR DIFF GUARD / WARN XD9000i WINCH & RECOVERY GEAR / ARB BULLBAR / PSC FULL ROLL CAGE / L.E.D TAILLIGHTS / IPF 930 SUPER RALLY LIGHTING / COBRA 75 WX ST CB / POWER TANK PT-10 OBA / TOM WOODS C/V / GARMIN 60CS GPS[/B]
[COLOR=red][B]CURRENT PROJECT:[/B][/COLOR] [B]Nth DEGREE ARMOR INSTALL[/B]
ONE JEEPBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2005, 12:03 PM   #4
muddiver

Hey, while on this topic, found a pic in a fourwheeling mag last month (not sure which one) of a company that makes a tent that mounts ON TOP of a Jeep (as in roof rack!) and holds 400 lbs. The pic and ad were serious - still, I couldn't help but laugh. On top?
Had a friend that had the one you're speaking of - until his wife woke up late one night and decided to haul off to the nearest 7-11 while he was sleeping. Fortunately she remembered the tent was attached before getting out of the campsite - but not until after it was shredded.
Unread 01-10-2005, 12:05 PM   #5
Sparty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddiver
Hey, while on this topic, found a pic in a fourwheeling mag last month (not sure which one) of a company that makes a tent that mounts ON TOP of a Jeep (as in roof rack!) and holds 400 lbs. The pic and ad were serious - still, I couldn't help but laugh. On top?
Had a friend that had the one you're speaking of - until his wife woke up late one night and decided to haul off to the nearest 7-11 while he was sleeping. Fortunately she remembered the tent was attached before getting out of the campsite - but not until after it was shredded.
chalk another one up to those woman drivers
Unread 01-10-2005, 12:21 PM   #6
mletschin

I am probably not going to spend the money just wanted to see what it looked like...
mletschin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2005, 12:25 PM   #7
TJinWV
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure if this link will work...

http://www.mopar.com/m_acc_cat_part....2073&msc=&acc=

If not, you can go to http://www.mopar.com, select Jeep Accessories, choose the Wrangler, then submit. Then click Shop for other Jeep Accessories, and it's under the Exterior Accessories menu item. What a pain to get to.
Unread 01-10-2005, 12:42 PM   #8
RedRubiconLJ
Web Wheeler

2013 JK Wrangler 

Here is a pic of it...
ma04u_kj_____3290.jpg

34" Toyo AT2's

Sold 2005 Red Rubi Unlimited
Jeep Pics

2004 TJ sold
1993 YJ sold
RedRubiconLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2005, 12:52 PM   #9
Bos

Isn't that a Liberty in the pic?!?
Bos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2005, 12:57 PM   #10
RedRubiconLJ
Web Wheeler

2013 JK Wrangler 

Thats the one they have listed under wrangler along with this pic????

I would imagine that it is the same thing just attaches a tad differently
34" Toyo AT2's

Sold 2005 Red Rubi Unlimited
Jeep Pics

2004 TJ sold
1993 YJ sold
RedRubiconLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2005, 12:03 PM   #11
RARECJ8

waste of $$$

We camp nearly every w/e from memorial day jeeping the various regional events until late october for hunting season. We've tried all the different ideas, from under the stars to canvas wall tents. We also have a Trailmaster by Venturecraft-- a packmule trailer that opens up into a nice queen sized bed. Yes, its rubicon tested but towing a trailer is sometimes not desirable, depending on conditions, etc. We still use the wall tent (love the interior wood burtning stove) for elk season but its not Jeep friendly, space wise. Thus its hauled in the full size Chevy 2500HD daily driver.
The roof mounted tents look nice, but are completely impracticable. First, the mere location way up top means u gotta climb this skinny ladder to get in/out. This can be daunting for some. Crawling out in middle of night to take a leak can be dangerous. Second, the ads always show them parked on a nice level surface. Odds are u'll not find a perfect level place to camp, thus ur tent will be off camber, adding to the entry/exit issues and besides, who can sleep w/ the tent all akimbo and not level? Third, it limits ur overhead clearance from branches, etc. and finally, it contributes a lot of weight that affects ur center of gravity, which can be dangerous. (why do wheelers add the high-lift, spare tire, gas cans etc., on top? that is a roll waiting to happen!!)
Considering all the different methods of sleeping in the rough, so to speak, next to 'under the stars' wrapped like a burrito in a sleeping bag and tarp, we have found the best of all worlds. Take a look at www.tentcot.com.
www.tentcot.com Oops, that got repeated... Anyway, we found the Tentcot to be the absolute best-- one may even fold up ur bedroll inside and it takes up very little room-- it fits perfectly into the Surco aluminum roof rack.

Good luck in what u do!

mb
'81 CJ8
'01 2500HD
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2005, 03:30 PM   #12
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver4banger
Here is a pic of it...
Can one say "Carbon Monoxide poisoning"? I can just see someone trying to heat that tent by turning on the vehicle overnight....
Unread 05-21-2011, 10:40 PM   #13
csfreeman1
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I was at a garage sale today and bought this tent for 15 bucks. I took it home and set it up and it is a great tent. Matter of fact it is an excellent tent. This particular one had never been of of the bag. I have a 94 yj, however I hooked this right to the back of my 2008 Ford escape and works great. I believe it would work with just about any small to mid sized suv. It is roomy, and allows the use of the suv as extra sleeping. I almost feel guilty for getting it so cheap!!!
csfreeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.