Jeep Suspension and Drivetrain Schematic - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Jeep Suspension and Drivetrain Schematic

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
itsthelaw

Jeep Suspension and Drivetrain Schematic

I am doing my best to learn... Can anyone point me to a schematic of the drivetrain and suspension on a 4x4 or Jeep? If I had one and the acronym list, I might actually be dangerous.

itsthelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Acronym list is in a sticky at the top of this section. Get yourself an FSM for whatever model you are interested in (or just review them on line at Morris 4x4) to see component break down.
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

If you want to learn about driveline angles and geometry go to Tom Woods home page right side a thrid of the way to the bottom grey banner technical questions. Some great info there. There are also writeup on Quadratec.com about everything JEEP!!!

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

This may help. suspension diagram

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.