Jeep on jeep crime - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Jeep on jeep crime

ExtremeTerrain has Daystar Wrangler Parts!Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Lincolnwelding
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep on jeep crime

Now i know that there are people who own jeeps who never wave to other jeeps because they arntt "jeepers" they are just people who own jeeps, thats fine with me. I wave to any jeep or any lifted truck. But today i parked next to a stock wrangler (not sure on frame designation) in a parking lot and come back to having "xj's suck" written in my mud. Not waving to me is one thing but writing on my jeep that it sucks just because i parked next to you isnt alright with me. I work there so if i ever see that owner he will be confronted. But i would love to know why anyone would do that. I wasnt close to him and he doesnt know me or my jeep and thats a fact. Does anyone else do this? If so why

WJC #292
Lincolnwelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
wtfcrunch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Kids will be kids. If it was a grown man then I'd be more hair raised about it. But waving is mandatory from my hometown and I do it out of habit.
wtfcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
Lincolnwelding
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfcrunch View Post
Kids will be kids. If it was a grown man then I'd be more hair raised about it. But waving is mandatory from my hometown and I do it out of habit.
Thats awesome. I barely ever get waves up here. Im 18 and get waved at from elderly couples in newer stock jeeps more often then kids with built jeeps. But yeah i sure hope it wasnt a grown man writing on my jeep
WJC #292
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wasn't me.
Unread 08-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #5
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

How do you know for sure who wrote it?
Did you or someone else see him do it?

Maybe it was a Toyota owner driving through the lot!
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
Lincolnwelding
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveX View Post
How do you know for sure who wrote it?
Did you or someone else see him do it?

Maybe it was a Toyota owner driving through the lot!
Hahaha no noone saw him but the parking lot was pretty empty all day and it was wrote on my passenger side, which was facing his driver side so i only assume he did it before getting into his jeep. It could have been someone else i guess
WJC #292
Unread 08-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #7
mrclean77
2013 JK Wrangler 

Parents: please hug your children.
mrclean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
TCrow2

I'm more than sure it was a friendly rivalry. Ill say any jeep sucks compared to mine.
TCrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #9
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrow2 View Post
I'm more than sure it was a friendly rivalry. Ill say any jeep sucks compared to mine.
It was YOU! Wasn't it?

Welcome to JF
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #10
Lincolnwelding
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrow2 View Post
Yeah thats what im thinking now to. I more or less started this thread to see if its common for a wrangler owner to hate xj's. Im just gunna park next to him any time i can for fun. I was thinking about a small retaliation (get a paper sign and tape it to a plastic part) but i dont want to test him.
WJC #292
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #11
QuadraBeast
1994 ZJ 

I see this all the time around here. Its ridiculous. No built wrangler will wave back, ever. Its like the Jeep wave is becoming the wrangler wave. I always wave to a jeeper regardless of the model, hell I wave to other built rigs too, regardless of the manufacturer.

We dont have a very strong offroad community around here in my opinion but im working to change that. And very rarely, when there is a small run of guys, all the wheeling is ILLEGAL or on PRIVATE/POSTED PROPERTY. I am an avid believer of Tread Lightly and Respected Access Is Open Access. Ive already been starting on plans and collecting information, but when I get back from basic training and AIT I hope to start establishing a strong offroad community/club with LEGAL trails, for the central Pennsylvania region, and maybe even farther.

Unread 08-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #12
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well he's right xj's do suck. Haha just kidding probably just a little harmless fun that didn't go over so well.

Sent from my XT881freeze ray gun using JeepForum
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #13
Lincolnwelding
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraBeast View Post

I see this all the time around here. Its ridiculous. No built wrangler will wave back, ever. Its like the Jeep wave is becoming the wrangler wave. I always wave to a jeeper regardless of the model, hell I wave to other built rigs too, regardless of the manufacturer.

We dont have a very strong offroad community around here in my opinion but im working to change that. And very rarely, when there is a small run of guys, all the wheeling is ILLEGAL or on PRIVATE/POSTED PROPERTY. I am an avid believer of Tread Lightly and Respected Access Is Open Access. Ive already been starting on plans and collecting information, but when I get back from basic training and AIT I hope to start establishing a strong offroad community/club with LEGAL trails, for the central Pennsylvania region, and maybe even farther.

Most of the trails around here are illegal to. We have one solid set of trails and thankfully im very close to them. But other then that the only other place is 45 minutes away on stateland with no real obstacles or holes. And the jeep wave has practically become extinct where i live hahaha. I havnt had the chance to offroad with anyone else. Ever. Finally though my buddy picked up a ford bronco that he's willing to take mudding so in a few days i will. I talked to one guy with a really nice buily up tj and he said they had 8 trucks at the trails the night before so the mud trucks are hiding somewhere.

Good luck with the training and starting up an offroad club! Maybe i'll putt-putt on over to pa for some fun if you get that going!
WJC #292
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #14
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraBeast View Post

hell, sometimes I can't get built wranglers to wave back to my built wrangler.

I only give a friendly "'sup" nod to other mfrs built rigs.

I did accidentally wave at a FJ I caught out the corner of my eye and thought it was a Wrangler
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #15
QuadraBeast
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
hell, sometimes I can't get built wranglers to wave back to my built wrangler.

I only give a friendly "'sup" nod to other mfrs built rigs.

I did accidentally wave at a FJ I caught out the corner of my eye and thought it was a Wrangler
I bounce back and forth between the wave and the nod.

The funny part is some yota guys tend to get irritated when people get FJs confused with jeeps... so I guess the joke is on him

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.