Jeep insurance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Jeep insurance

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-15-2008, 10:59 PM   #1
mike243

Jeep insurance

well me and my buddys are building up some jeeps that can be road legal but we dont want to dig a hole in our pockets for insurance on theses things..

so my ? is do they have insurance for Jeeps or anyoffroad truck that is cheap like the insurance they have for a classic car that only comes out of the garage 10 times a year.. if you no what i mean. almost like a offroad insurance

thanks fellas

mike243 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
p2000sk
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I have never heard of such a thing in Jersey. Remember we live in Jersey, enough said.
p2000sk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #3
QuickSilverCon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

could you insure it as a casual driver?
that's how we have our s2000 insured and it is WAY cheaper that having it as a daily driver. it really only leaves the garage from april-september
QuickSilverCon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
jeff@zina.com
2007 JK Wrangler 

Call an insurance agency in your area and ask. Locally you can insure just about anything for limited uses and get breaks of all kinds. Don't have a clue if that's available where you are.

Jeff
jeff@zina.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2008, 09:44 PM   #5
tehub
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I thought my insurance was going to be super high, but it turned out to be less than my old suburban's.
tehub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2008, 06:57 AM   #6
IwishIwasBLOWN

get njm

i pay $1000 a year with a $500 deductible. get njm insurance. and im 24!
-1996 Suzuki Katana 600. RIP
-1996 Suzuki GSX-R 750 SRAD. SOLD
IwishIwasBLOWN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2008, 07:46 AM   #7
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Yes there are companies out there that offer "classic car" insurance. They put restrictions on your driving and you can only use the Jeep for "club events", parades, magazine shoots, etc. If your "club event" happens to be wheeling it, well...you're okay Generally, if you roll it - you fix it. If you put "Arizona pinstriping" in it - you fix it. If it's stolen or you have an accident while driving it on the pavement, you're golden.

Condon & Skelly
121 East Kings Highway, Suite #203
Maple Shade, NJ 08052

(800) GET-MET1
(They are part of Met Life)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.