Interior shopping - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Interior shopping

FLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #1
wendyperez5612
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Interior shopping

First, let me tell you exactly why this is all needed. I'm prior military and was away from home in another state. My now ex-husband started doin drugs and became an alcoholic and decided it would be a great idea to use camouflage duct tape on the interior of my TJ this was some months before i returned home to arizona and divorced him. Upon my return and learning of this, i was heated. it had been there through the entire arizona summer, making it impossible to remove, trying to do so leaves the worst sticky residue from the duct tape.
Anyway, i want to start restoring the interior of my TJ and would like to know if anyone knows of anywhere online or in the Tampa bay area that i can get a new dash set up, custom ordering would be awesome or somewhere that does plastidip would be great too! Thank you for any ideas you may have!

wendyperez5612 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2015, 09:36 AM   #2
drnimzelJeepFan
1969 C101 

If you cannot remove the residue, and I am certain that with the available chemical strippers on the market you'll be able to make it work. I would try the obvious ones first like, "goo gone" can be had at any big box retailer. If that doesn't work, step it up to mineral spirits, paint thinner etc.... which can be had at any auto parts store. Be wary however, that these cleaning agents particularly the more "nasty" could potentially change the color or texture of your dash. Sounds like this would still be an improvement to ductape residue.
If that doesn't work your likely going to have to find a dash from a salvage yard and have it replaced. Bummer on the nut of an ex.

Best of luck with it.
Unread 04-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #3
wendyperez5612
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not too worried about color as the piece that's covered in duct tape i want Plasti-dipped. Thank you for the suggestion!
wendyperez5612 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2015, 11:09 AM   #4
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

We need photos of this or it didn't happen.

drnimzel has pointed you in the right direction. I understand you are not concerned about color problems but once you go past the milder products I'd suggest you use the solvents of choice in a small out of normal view place. Some of these chemicals can cause problems with the plastic.

Again, photos or it didn't happen.

From one to another - thanks for you service.
Unread 04-03-2015, 10:46 AM   #5
mark02tj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry to hear of your situation. And thanks for your service!

You might want to check Davey's Jeeps to see what he might have for you. www.daveysjeeps.com
mark02tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2015, 07:02 PM   #6
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Have you tried Goo-Gone?
Unread 04-09-2015, 09:24 AM   #7
Copperhead89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Another option is searching craigslist for people parting out TJ's.
Unread 04-10-2015, 06:05 AM   #8
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

There is a guy who is always advertising on CL and FaceBook who is in Daytona that has many many wrangler YJ and TJ he is always listing parts for. If you are on FB join Florida Jeep Parts, Florida 4x4 Garage sale pages.

My idea of help from the man above is a sniper on the roof.
Diverdown87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.