How to properly install a 2 - 3 inch lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > How to properly install a 2 - 3 inch lift?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
rubicon2552

How to properly install a 2 - 3 inch lift?

I was just looking for other opinions since ive heard mixed results. Im looking to install most likely a 2.50 to 3 inch lift, and I'm not sure if there is anything else that needs to be done besides just installing the new lift. For example extending the brake lines, adjusting the steering column, extending the drift shaft etc. I have a 99 Sahara.

rubicon2552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Different brand lift kits install in the same manner, so you should visit other lift company websites and download several sets of instructions.

Read the FAQ's for your Jeep, and read older threads about lift installs. Use the forum SEARCH function, scroll the bottom of this page, or use the Google. No lift kit is 100% complete, you may need additional parts.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.