How to match front suspension to rear? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > How to match front suspension to rear?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-26-2014, 10:50 PM   #1
Farmer-t

How to match front suspension to rear?

Forgive me if I'm asking in the wrong thread....

I am about to buy a yj and it has some mods. The biggest mod and it concerns me for safety is the rear suspension. It is 1/4 elliptical sprung with triangular 4 link. I am told this causes jeeps to flip over unless the front suspension is set up to match the rear? How do you match your suspension? The front has a 2.5 soa bds. The last thing I want is an unsafe rig especially with my kid in the back.

Farmer-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Is this going to be a daily driver or a trail only rig?
If trail only, are you planning on driving it to the trails or trailering it?
One last thing, if you are asking these questions then the Jeep is way over your head.
Unread 01-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #3
Farmer-t

Yes this is a weekend trail toy only.... I want to drive it to the trails.
How is the jeep over my head? Just because I don't know how to match a 1/4 elliptical rear 4 link?
Farmer-t is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.