Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

How do you clean up after mud?

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Hillbilly88 
#1 ·
I took my Jeep out playing in the mud Saturday! It was FUN FUN FUN, but now the time to pay the piper has come. I gotta clean up all this muddy mess :(

Im not worried about the undercariage or body, I know how to clean that, but what about the interior?

See less See more
#4 ·
HokieYJ said:
That would be a good paint job
I saw a fullsize Chevy in a tough truck challenge with a paint job like that. It's in one of my magazines somewhere. Splattered it with mud, then clearcoated over it. Combine that with multi-colored powder coating on everything, tire tread fender flares, roatary beacons, and PVC snorkels, and you have one ugly tough truck. :laugh:

#5 ·
sjlplat said:
I saw a fullsize Chevy in a tough truck challenge with a paint job like that. It's in one of my magazines somewhere. Splattered it with mud, then clearcoated over it. Combine that with multi-colored powder coating on everything, tire tread fender flares, roatary beacons, and PVC snorkels, and you have one ugly tough truck. :laugh:
:laugh: Thats what i thought of when i saw the Jeep, except the Jeep isnt ugly. That "thing" in the TTC was crazy!!! I couldnt believe someone would actually do that to their veh, much less people VOTE for it. haha It looked like something from Mad Max

I would clean it the same way i clean mine. Hook your pressure washer up to it and spray away!!! :thumbsup: I take anything out that i dont want to get wet, like cds and stuff, but that is usually out when i go mudding. Then take the air hose to dry those hard to reach areas like the dash.

HAVE FUN!!! :wave:

#6 ·
So you guys say just go ahead and spray the inside? Dash and all?

I dont mind I guess, even if the radio dies it's the factory AM/FM only lol!

Ya, I took everything I could out before going. I was REALLY glad to have put trash bags on the seats! :)

#8 ·
spray the heck out of it...and the get some herculiner or other bedliner and put inside the tub so you don't have to worry about rust and all that......I have soaked my dash/stereo and have never had any issues....oh I also drilled a couple more holes in the front part where your feet are because it tends to not drain to well with just that one hole on the side.......I also have vinyl seats so I dont really have to worry about getting the cloth wet....then just leave it under the sun for a bit or go drive it down the highway a little

#11 ·
Thanks alot guys :)

I sprayed EVERYTHING down, including my 1 month old Kenwood speakers :D

Everything is clean as can be and everything works fine!!!

I tried the floor drain plugs, but they suck. I used my shop vac and the hose to clean the floor with a brush. After a quick wipe with a towel, the interior is cleaner than it was before ;)

#13 ·
Did u have any problems with water/mud goin inside a/c vents. I had a 98 wrangler and sprayed inside of windshield and dash with water hose since it was only a deer lease jeep and something shorted out the entire computer system. Not wanting to try it on my 99 daily driver again yet. Yalls opinion was it already having a wireing problem and water just finished it off or was everything ok and water just happednd to screw mine up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.