How do i get a 46 willys on a trailer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > How do i get a 46 willys on a trailer?

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 01-25-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
Amcxjkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

How do i get a 46 willys on a trailer?

So Today I payed for 2 1946 Willys CJ 2's. Well 2 of my buddy's and my dad and I took my buddy's trailer with us to go get them. Trailer is 24' and has ramps on the back but there pretty a steep. So we backed the truck to the 2 jeeps and broke them loose from the ground sense they have been sitting and also it's 5 degrees out. But ones we did get them broken loose some of the tires wouldn't turn ( could be because there destroyed or bearings are siezed etc.) so we tried using a come a long but it wasent long enough so we used some ratchet straps to lengthen it. But I jaut don't feel safe using the come along to try and pull the front of the jeep onto the trailer. Anyone have any suggestions? ( I bought the 2 to the far left, both of them for $450)

image-2823766818.jpg

Amcxjkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 01:10 AM   #2
firejeep42
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Jackknife the trailer and use another truck to pull them up onto it if you don't have a winch

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 01-26-2014, 02:03 AM   #3
Amcxjkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejeep42
Jackknife the trailer and use another truck to pull them up onto it if you don't have a winch Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
well only other vehicle we have is my xj unless my buddy comes with his silverado but I know he can't come in he morning.
Unread 01-26-2014, 03:56 AM   #4
scottmphoto
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Until I put a winch on my trailer, I used a 2-ton come-a-long and chain.
scottmphoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 09:58 AM   #5
scramblered
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Years ago I had to move my uncle's mobile home and unfortunately trees had grown up on each end so that hooking a truck to it was not an option. A friend of mine who works for a building moving company suggested that I jack up the the mobile home and slide plywood under the tires . We then took buckets of water and poured it on the plywood until we had a nice layer of ice. All we had to then was pull it sideways til we cleared the trees and was able to hook a truck up to it. I was surprised how easy it slid on the ice. Don't know if that helps in your situation but it may be worth a try. Good luck, Dave
Unread 01-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
strvger01
1966 CJ5 

might be easiest/cheapest to just get a manual winch put on the trailer. i'm thinking of the manual, load winches on semi trailers. get 20' of 10k# strap and chain to make up the rest of the distance and you should be good to go. something like this: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too..._397728_397728
not the best option, but cheap and fast to bolt on your trailer.
Unread 01-27-2014, 04:33 PM   #7
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Just use another truck or Jeep to pull it onto the trailer.
Unread 01-27-2014, 04:40 PM   #8
Amcxjkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I ended up getting a 2 ton come along and used a chain and that worked good. Second jeep the land owner used his front loader!
Unread 01-28-2014, 01:18 AM   #9
WSS
1972 CJ5 

The ice/slick plywood sounds like a winner to getter done.

WSS
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.