How do i get a 46 willys on a trailer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > How do i get a 46 willys on a trailer?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
Amcxjkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

How do i get a 46 willys on a trailer?

So Today I payed for 2 1946 Willys CJ 2's. Well 2 of my buddy's and my dad and I took my buddy's trailer with us to go get them. Trailer is 24' and has ramps on the back but there pretty a steep. So we backed the truck to the 2 jeeps and broke them loose from the ground sense they have been sitting and also it's 5 degrees out. But ones we did get them broken loose some of the tires wouldn't turn ( could be because there destroyed or bearings are siezed etc.) so we tried using a come a long but it wasent long enough so we used some ratchet straps to lengthen it. But I jaut don't feel safe using the come along to try and pull the front of the jeep onto the trailer. Anyone have any suggestions? ( I bought the 2 to the far left, both of them for $450)

image-2823766818.jpg

Amcxjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 12:10 AM   #2
firejeep42
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jackknife the trailer and use another truck to pull them up onto it if you don't have a winch

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 01-26-2014, 01:03 AM   #3
Amcxjkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firejeep42
Jackknife the trailer and use another truck to pull them up onto it if you don't have a winch Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
well only other vehicle we have is my xj unless my buddy comes with his silverado but I know he can't come in he morning.
Unread 01-26-2014, 02:56 AM   #4
scottmphoto
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Until I put a winch on my trailer, I used a 2-ton come-a-long and chain.
scottmphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #5
scramblered
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Years ago I had to move my uncle's mobile home and unfortunately trees had grown up on each end so that hooking a truck to it was not an option. A friend of mine who works for a building moving company suggested that I jack up the the mobile home and slide plywood under the tires . We then took buckets of water and poured it on the plywood until we had a nice layer of ice. All we had to then was pull it sideways til we cleared the trees and was able to hook a truck up to it. I was surprised how easy it slid on the ice. Don't know if that helps in your situation but it may be worth a try. Good luck, Dave
Unread 01-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #6
strvger01
1966 CJ5 

might be easiest/cheapest to just get a manual winch put on the trailer. i'm thinking of the manual, load winches on semi trailers. get 20' of 10k# strap and chain to make up the rest of the distance and you should be good to go. something like this: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too..._397728_397728
not the best option, but cheap and fast to bolt on your trailer.
Unread 01-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #7
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Just use another truck or Jeep to pull it onto the trailer.
Unread 01-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #8
Amcxjkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I ended up getting a 2 ton come along and used a chain and that worked good. Second jeep the land owner used his front loader!
Unread 01-28-2014, 12:18 AM   #9
WSS
Ps:91

1972 CJ5 

The ice/slick plywood sounds like a winner to getter done.

WSS

Our Yellow 72 CJ5 build thread

Yellow Jeep club member #73802
WSS is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.