Honest Unbiased opinions only!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Honest Unbiased opinions only!!!

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 10-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
Freemaniz
2014 JKU Rubi

2014 JK Wrangler 

Honest Unbiased opinions only!!!

Has anyone ever used 2 of the same after market part and have a review that is helpful based on both experiences.

Spare tire carriers, bumpers, winches, tires, etc....

please be mindful that I'm sure most people want to know about the product so don't bad-mouth a product because the tracking/shipping label didnt work, or customer service had a bad attitude.

I'm looking for a bumper im thinking Rockslide Engineering or AEV but there are so many options for jeep aftermarket parts it over whelming.

Honesty is appreciated as well common sense include your usage of the product. (i.e. are you an offroader or mainly just like looking cool)

Thx

Unread 10-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I have 3 mile marker winches. 7 years on oldest. Never looking back.
2 of the 3 of my jeeps have Arb bumper sets. No complaints been beating on them for 7 years. Even wrecked one. Its scratched bad but ok.
All 3 jeeps run on A.R.E. rims. No bends or warps.
2 run on Hercules tires I love them.
Rigid lights on all 3. Beat them good and they work like new.
2 rustys long arm kits. 2 years running. No worries.
All of the vehicles in household run optima batts.
Unread 10-20-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

But when I pay for a product, I expect that part of my payment goes towards getting it to me in a timely manner. If it doesn't, I expect there to be someone on the other end of the phone with a good explanation as to why the problem occurred and assurance that as a customer I am still important even though I have no product yet it is paid for.

I pay for the experience. Not to burst your bubble.
Unread 10-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

If you can get over the cost I think the AEV bumper and tire carrier combo is one of the best out there.

For winches Iíve always used Warn; they speak for themselves.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
Indy

It is completely impossible to have an uniased personal opinion.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
Psycho-X-Jeep
Free hugs <<< just ask!

2009 JK Wrangler 

I have a shrockworks front bumper on the Xterra (actually I have everything Shrockworks sells on the X). And a Smittybuilt XRC front bumper on the Jeep. No comparison. The only two categories that the Smittybuilt would win are price and delivery. It should be noted that I live in Houston, so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping of the Shrockworks material, so maybe I am a little biased. Driving the jeep, I would be scared to get in a front end collision because I would probably screw up the bumper. Driving the X, I would be scared to get in a front end collision because I would probably kill someone. But waiting for a made to order product sucks!
Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Buy quality and cry once, buy **** and cry multiple times.

There is a reason companies like warn are in business and have been for 60+ years..... You could even say the same about jeep, right? If it was sh*t, we wouldnt be throwing money at them, but selling instead.

Last edited by 1222; 10-22-2013 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: word censor
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
Psycho-X-Jeep
Free hugs <<< just ask!

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Buy quality and cry once, buy **** and cry multiple times.
This has to be the best & most simple way of putting it! I never quite thought about it like this... but boy is it true!

So we all know which brands out there would be conidered "top of the line". Now the question is: what separates those company's products from one another, and/or what makes one company's product more desireable? Are they customizable, different accessories, warranty period, etc. Now you may be getting into the customer service side of the argument. Which is where "opinions" come into play.
Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
Freemaniz
2014 JKU Rubi

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
But when I pay for a product, I expect that part of my payment goes towards getting it to me in a timely manner. If it doesn't, I expect there to be someone on the other end of the phone with a good explanation as to why the problem occurred and assurance that as a customer I am still important even though I have no product yet it is paid for.

I pay for the experience. Not to burst your bubble.
I completely agree with you but as business owner myself, no company can be responsible for every single employee/intern/subcontractor. If the product was good i want to know, period. you shouldnt bad mouth a product because one employee at the company gave you a hard time, especially if your like most people and you dont take the time to report your problem to a manager. As far as shipping goes, there's a possibility that your issue may be a UPS/Fedex problem. I made that comment cause i didnt want to turn this thread into a vent session for people who are pissed at customer service personnel.
Unread 10-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #10
Freemaniz
2014 JKU Rubi

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho-X-Jeep View Post
I have a shrockworks front bumper on the Xterra (actually I have everything Shrockworks sells on the X). And a Smittybuilt XRC front bumper on the Jeep. No comparison. The only two categories that the Smittybuilt would win are price and delivery. It should be noted that I live in Houston, so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping of the Shrockworks material, so maybe I am a little biased. Driving the jeep, I would be scared to get in a front end collision because I would probably screw up the bumper. Driving the X, I would be scared to get in a front end collision because I would probably kill someone. But waiting for a made to order product sucks!
never even heard of this company but i looked at the website after reading your post. THX alot! seems like they got good products.
Unread 10-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #11
Eckoh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemaniz View Post
never even heard of this company but i looked at the website after reading your post. THX alot! seems like they got good products.
i have the shrockworks sliders. I wouldn't trade any other brand for them.

3 days after I got them I dropped the full weight of my jeep on them and it didn't so much scratch them.
Eckoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 10:59 PM   #12
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemaniz View Post
I completely agree with you but as business owner myself, no company can be responsible for every single employee/intern/subcontractor. If the product was good i want to know, period. you shouldnt bad mouth a product because one employee at the company gave you a hard time, especially if your like most people and you dont take the time to report your problem to a manager. As far as shipping goes, there's a possibility that your issue may be a UPS/Fedex problem. I made that comment cause i didnt want to turn this thread into a vent session for people who are pissed at customer service personnel.
I didn't say that its the company's fault I just said that a good PR man is necessary to smooth over mishaps. As a customer, I want to feel some sense of worth if things go awry.
Unread 10-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #13
Freemaniz
2014 JKU Rubi

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I didn't say that its the company's fault I just said that a good PR man is necessary to smooth over mishaps. As a customer, I want to feel some sense of worth if things go awry.
Yea you make a good point I feel the same way in a sense!
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #14
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho-X-Jeep View Post
This has to be the best & most simple way of putting it! I never quite thought about it like this... but boy is it true!

So we all know which brands out there would be conidered "top of the line". Now the question is: what separates those company's products from one another, and/or what makes one company's product more desireable? Are they customizable, different accessories, warranty period, etc. Now you may be getting into the customer service side of the argument. Which is where "opinions" come into play.
You read what I said but it obviously did not register at all.
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #15
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I pose that 'unbiased opinion' is and oxymoron.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.