Hints on removing c-clips from locker - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Hints on removing c-clips from locker

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-20-2005, 07:13 AM   #1
beachtaco
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hints on removing c-clips from locker

I need some hints on how to remove the c-clips with a Lock Right (lunch box) locker installed. I blew the locker in my d35 and need to swap in my spider gears. They were easy to remove without the locker installed but a pain with the locker in.

Any hints?

Unread 04-20-2005, 07:56 AM   #2
CanukYJ

Best bet is to push one axle shaft in so the c-clip is towards the middle of the locker, then have someone turn the driveshaft by hand so the locker and carrier turn around in a circle. There's a "window" on the locker that allowed you to put the c-clip in, it will allow the c-clip to fall out. That's the best way to go about it. One of those rods (looks like an antenna) that's magnestized will help alot too if the clip need coaxing.

1992 Red YJ. Lifted, locked, and loaded with beer (Disclaimer: This doesn't mean said driver endorses drinking and driving, please enjoy alcohol responsibly and do not operate any vehicle of any kind, thank you....)

Thanks to the price of gas here ($4.25 a gal) I just bought a mountain bike, 0" of lift, 0" of travel, MT's, locked rear axle, oh yeah, it's the sh#$.
CanukYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
XJH-007

Magnet.
Tera 4:1 / 4:56's_Elec. Locked D44
**84' CJ7 4"BDS 33's
***02 WJ Overland
XJH-007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.