Hi-lift jack placement help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Hi-lift jack placement help

Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
02tjsaharah

Hi-lift jack placement help

I want to get a hi-lift jack, but I want a mount that I don't have to drill, or have to spend a bunch of money on. I also want to be able to lock it. Anyone have an idea of a mount that matches what I want. I have a 2002 tj.

02tjsaharah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
echs332000
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Look on Ebay They have a mound kit for 38 bucks I think. It mounts to your hood using existing holes and allows for it to be padlocked
echs332000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
echs332000
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Look at this on eBay:

Hood Hi Lift Jack Mount for Jeep CJ YJ TJ high lift

http://bit.ly/HxN5x8
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
02tjsaharah

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted!!
02tjsaharah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
echs332000
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Your welcome!
Unread 09-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
Perkalater79
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm gearing up to buy a high lift jack and am starting to think about mounting locations.

I've seen them mounted in the following places:
1) hoods
2) front bumpers
3) tailgate
4) spare tire

What are the pros and cons of each in your opinions?

My criteria includes, safety, accessibility, cost, ability to secure it, and of course looks!

It seems to me the hood mount would obstruct your view of the road and or the trail. If you have one, have you noticed reduced visibility? Also, it seems like it would be a huge hazard in the event of a front-end collision.

What are you thoughts?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Perkalater79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
shu2kill
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkalater79 View Post
I'm gearing up to buy a high lift jack and am starting to think about mounting locations.

I've seen them mounted in the following places:
1) hoods
2) front bumpers
3) tailgate
4) spare tire

What are the pros and cons of each in your opinions?

My criteria includes, safety, accessibility, cost, ability to secure it, and of course looks!

It seems to me the hood mount would obstruct your view of the road and or the trail. If you have one, have you noticed reduced visibility? Also, it seems like it would be a huge hazard in the event of a front-end collision.

What are you thoughts?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
i made me a hi-lift/shovel hood mount, and i dont have any visibility issues... if you build it low enough you can even see the front of the hood... i place the lower part of the highlift on the passenger side, as well as the shovel.... i think it is a good place to put the hilift because it is accesible even when stuck, wont get that much mud or water (unless it rains obviously), and wont get bent... i have never understood why some people put it as it it were a front or rear bumber, where the hilift would receive the first impact... or, when stuck, you would have to be digging in the mud just to get it out....

in the event of a collision, i hope the hilift will stay in its place, since the moun is secured with 6 screws to the hood, and the hilift is secured with 2 big screws, the biggest that will fit through the holes (1/2 maybe?)...
shu2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
uncleirish

I bought a hi- lift jack mount that attaches to the roll bar. I love it. When u have ur soft top on its covered and not in the way when the hard top is on. Think it was $90.
uncleirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #9
mdecew
2011 JK Wrangler 

put it under the back seat.....
mdecew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #10
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdecew View Post
Secure it under the back seat.....
Fixed it for ya.

I mounted mine in my FSJ right at the back:

I know it's not what you want. I just want to point out the way it is mounted. Secured using bolts, wasters, wing nuts.

However you mount it make sure it is secure.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #11
rage4order
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliehopnoodle View Post
Fixed it for ya.

I mounted mine in my FSJ right at the back:

I know it's not what you want. I just want to point out the way it is mounted. Secured using bolts, wasters, wing nuts.

However you mount it make sure it is secure.
I like that^^. I do have questions about the hood-mount: those hi-lifts aren't exactly light so first, any worries about the weight on the hood and second, any worries about putting a giant dent in your hood when removing it?
rage4order is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #12
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

mine is just strapped down in back.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.