Help Warn xd9000i - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Help Warn xd9000i

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 12-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Josterson
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Help Warn xd9000i

I just bought a TJ and the winch had no cable on it, I plugged in the remote and it made one click then nothing. With the winch engaged I can freely spin the drum, I bypassed the solenoid and it moves the drum very slightly then nothing. Same thing happens in both directions, I am pretty at working on stuff myself I just need a general direction to go in. Not sure where to go with it or just to look for a different winch, I would really like to fix to save the money of something new.

Josterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
JimWilliamson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hmmm - the "I bypassed the solenoid" make me curious - your winch control box has four solenoids, yes? If yes, two of them are activated for IN operation while the other two are activated for OUT operation. Unless you're sure you correctly bypassed them I'd suggest not doing so. It might be better to test the operation of the solenoids (individually).

Also, my winch had a similar condition - nearly no operation, just a click. For me it was a poor ground. Once I scraped paint for a clean ground connection all worked as desired.
JimWilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
mchclay19d
2008 JK Wrangler 

Have you tried cleaning where the brushes make contact with the electric motor inside the winch? Mine would not work at all until I did this. I used a dremel tool to clean the motor until it was nice and shiny again. Unfortunately, I can only get it to work one way and am still working on it. Might help...just an idea.

Good luck!
mchclay19d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
Warn Industries
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Don't hesitate to call our Customer Service team at 800-543-9276 as they can help you troubleshoot via phone.

- Andy
Follow us on Twitter
See us on YouTube
Warn Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #5
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So...now..
I thought one could take a jumper cable and hook one end of one cable to the pos post on the battery and take the other end and hook it to one of those 2 black wires going into the motor(I think I could tell you which one) and the winch will run, as long as the reason it is not running is the power box not the motor. Bypassing all the solenoids.

That's wrong?

I have not tried it as my winch runs fine(knock on wood).
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.